997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

service loaners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:46 PM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
service loaners

so coming from an m3, i was used to fleets of loaners, and always got another bmw when taking in my M even for the most minor service. of course bmw has a low end line so they can maintain a regular loaner fleet.

so i was surprised when taking in my 911 for it's first service and some warranty work, the dealer only has four loaners for what he says are 'over 2000 customers.' in the end i got one of these bad boys to drive for the day from enterprise instead.

now i understand that it's hard to keep high end loaners around, but didn't expect as few as four for their whole fleet, nor to end up with a fiat 500.

is this pretty par for the course for porsche service? anyway if anyone is interested the thing drives like a piece of crap. haha.

Last edited by dethman; 08-09-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Gotta love that pic! I can share in your disappointment - I only get Camrys as my typical loaner vehicle. supposedly my dealer has a policy they try to reserve the P-car loaners for owners who purchased from them. And I bought mine from an out of state dealer. Aggravating, and have made my disappointment known through the surveys. Of course, it just goes back to the dealer and they feed me the same crap.

Loaner cars are all over the map. Check out this recent thread from 991 forum...

p.s., Right now, my 545 is in the shop getting a new clutch. And I'm happily motoring around in a F10 528 - OK not a big powerhouse, but it's still got all the nice interior appointments of the 5 series. And hell, it's no goddamn Camry!!!

Old 08-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Anothercrisis is infamous around these parts
Had warranty work on my 997.2 S from the dealer where I purchased. They loaned me a rental Kia. I won't buy from them again.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:38 PM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Scoper
and have made my disappointment known through the surveys.

Audi A4's are the stock choice here. But I use an Indy Mechanic. So no loaners. Dont you guys have DD??

Old 08-09-2012, 01:45 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
They gave me a Nissan Altima.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:58 PM
sameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to beholdsameerg is a splendid one to behold
I am in a brand new Panamera 4 for my loaner today. Beat that. I love my dealer

Old 08-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Kero is infamous around these parts
I once got a jetta wagon as a loaner from Audi when my S5 was in for service. I frankly found it quite dangerous as the car could hardly get out of its own way and had troubles stopping quickly.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:01 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
The size of most BMW loaner fleets equals the total inventory of cars for sale at most Porsche stores. They cant keep more and several cars as loaners.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:11 PM
jzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura about
I dropped my 911 off for service at the dealership near my house and I was given an econobox (kia) as a loaner.... I dont expect another porsche or anything crazy but maybe an A4? god forbid something worth even 1/4 the value of the car i dropped off

Old 08-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MBENZF1
Dont you guys have DD??

But my 911 IS my DD!!

Old 08-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
I would LOVE to try out one of those cute little Fiats, but it would be better if it was an Abarth model, then I wouldn't feel as... Well, YOU know...

Hey, at least it wasn't a Smart Car!

With NO PCar dealers here in Arkansas, I have to rely on my great indy tech, so no loaners for me unless my Audi or the step daughter's Volvo goes into the shop.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:06 PM
BLKPPR is infamous around these parts
If I call a week ahead of time I always get either a pepper or panamera loaner.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
i get either a Panamera or Cayenne at POV.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:45 PM
py0413 is a jewel in the roughpy0413 is a jewel in the roughpy0413 is a jewel in the rough
when i had my m3, I was given a vw jetta base with CEL on and the car smell like some kind of fish. I took it out for 20 mins (needed to visit bank) then back to dealer sitting there for 3 hrs just to wait. btw, i booked my appointment 6 weeks ahead of time and was told there would be a loaner for me. That was my last visit to that bimmer dealer.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Flip is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Scoper
Gotta love that pic! I can share in your disappointment - I only get Camrys as my typical loaner vehicle. supposedly my dealer has a policy they try to reserve the P-car loaners for owners who purchased from them. !
Well if it was Sunset Imports here in Portland, my recent visit this week had me in an Audi A5 Avant vs p-car. In the past, I did however get a Panamera.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: service loaners