997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Tire Pressure Monitor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 02:17 PM
sixgun95 is infamous around these parts
Tire Pressure Monitor

New "to me" 911. I cannot find the tire pressure monitoring screen anywhere. I am 99% sure I seen where you set it when the salesman was showing me the car. I have gone through the On Board Computer dispaly (center tach) and I cannot find it. Maybe I don't have TPM? How do I know?

Old 08-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !
TPMS was an option in 06 became standard in '07. If your car has it it would be listed under your option codes.

Ken

Old 08-10-2012, 05:45 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sixgun95
New "to me" 911. I cannot find the tire pressure monitoring screen anywhere. I am 99% sure I seen where you set it when the salesman was showing me the car. I have gone through the On Board Computer dispaly (center tach) and I cannot find it. Maybe I don't have TPM? How do I know?
So I select 'tire pressure monitor' on the thread list, and I end up here. And for some reason, I am instantly distracted and have no idea what the topic is, nor do I care.

Nice.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by daberlin
So I select 'tire pressure monitor' on the thread list, and I end up here. And for some reason, I am instantly distracted and have no idea what the topic is, nor do I care.

Nice.
From the avatar, I'd say the pressure was right where it needs to be. I'm thinkin' he's a Bob Seeger fan...

I like both of the first two avatars in this thread.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:47 AM
sixgun95 is infamous around these parts
My avatar never got this much attention on the Harley forums'! But we digress, how about the Tire Pressure Monitoring System? How do I know if my car has it or not?

Old 08-11-2012, 10:19 AM
jhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of light
when you push forward (toward the front of the car) on the lower left stalk you will have accessed the list of features you have available..

up and down on the lower left stalk will cycle you thru them... I think mine says TPS...

When you find the group that you want to go into, press forward again on the stalk... and then up/down to cycle thru those...

pull back to exit that menu..

07 cars should all have TPMS... but if you are lucky you won't have it, because it is a total POS... wrong readings, wrong wheel sensor positions etc... nothing but dash lights for me now, so I wish I didn't even have TPMS..

Old 08-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Our '09 Boxster had TPMS, and it fluctuated quite a bit, so I was always a bit distracted. Our 997 has TPMS, and it's been consistently accurate. The tires are nitrogen filled, so maybe that makes a difference somehow. I was also told by a Porsche parts guy that you have to use a valve cap specifically for a TPMS equipped car for the system to work. I don't know whether that's true either.