997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fabspeed CAI question. Mine is in and ....HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Fabspeed CAI question. Mine is in and ....HELP

The duct goes right over the fabspeed filter. Is it better left off or installed?

Help please

Frank

Old 08-12-2012, 06:41 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Darthvader
The duct goes right over the fabspeed filter. Is it better left off or installed?

Help please

Frank
What CAI kit do you have? Pics?

Old 08-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Old 08-12-2012, 06:57 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Got the same one. Can't upload pics from iPad. I will post my pics tomorrow when I'm in my office with access to my pics. It's a real straight forward install.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:59 PM
It's installed. Just need to know if the tt air duct should be used or eliminated

Old 08-12-2012, 07:04 PM
It's installed. Just need to know if the tt air duct should be used or eliminated
I don't have a TT...but I assume you would just use Fabspeeds filter.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:07 PM
I have a C4S with a tt lid. I moved the fan over and want to know it it's good or bad to funnel the air through the OEM duct to the filter or delete it

Old 08-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I have a C4S with a tt lid. I moved the fan over and want to know it it's good or bad to funnel the air through the OEM duct to the filter or delete it
Dual air can't hurt! I think Fabspeed is coming out with a dual carbon box...that would be great with a TT lid!!

I have a C4S as well.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Well the left duct lines up with the filter. The othe duct spot is where part of the fan ended up. So just he left can sit right over the filter.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Well the left duct lines up with the filter. The othe duct spot is where part of the fan ended up. So just he left can sit right over the filter.
I didn't have to move mine...so I really can't say what is best. R & D it.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Manufacture says hook em up

Old 08-13-2012, 05:34 PM
rjk911s is infamous around these parts
You probably have thought of this, but why not contact Fabspeed.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by rjk911s
You probably have thought of this, but why not contact Fabspeed.
I did they said use the duct.