997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Has someone done side badges like Ferrari?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 09:41 PM
roelricardo is infamous around these parts
Has someone done side badges like Ferrari?

I know is sounds crazy but I was looking at a video of the 458 and Ferrari always have announce all over there cars with badges on the sides and they are big!!

They have cavallino rampante on there logo, so do we, in our case is a schwarzes Pferd!!

Any one with enough ***** to do the trick?

Old 08-21-2012, 09:55 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Lame.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:05 PM
???????

Old 08-21-2012, 10:38 PM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by hakaida
Lame.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:39 AM
thrashek is a name known to allthrashek is a name known to allthrashek is a name known to allthrashek is a name known to allthrashek is a name known to allthrashek is a name known to all
Its a Ferrari thing that goes back pre 250GTO. I 2nd "Lame" on Porsches. It's like a Ferrari wanting to run Fuchs. Not cool.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:58 AM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Is this what you mean??

Attached Images  
Old 08-22-2012, 10:58 AM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
I like the lack of badges, I also debadged my car. Just the Porsche crest on the hood is enough, I like how it doesn't say PORSCHE anywhere, except for on the back window, but only I can see that.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:33 AM
BLKPPR is infamous around these parts
It's your car, do what you like. They sell magnetic ones on Ebay. Try them out and if you don't like them peel them off and slap them on your tool box/fridge/desk.
I wouldn't do it as it's not my style to scream what I drive and the 911 is considered the second most recognizable design in automobile history only getting beat by the Volkswagen Beetle.
Your grandma knows what you drive without knowing a damn thing about cars.
The folks that know cars know what you have and they may look down upon your decision. See above posts.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by hroussard
Is this what you mean??
That is exactly what I mean, at least I know someone has done it.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:23 PM
DallasDave is infamous around these parts
The only reason I have not done it yet is because I cannot find the right size with an authentic badge - either too small or too large.

I did do this on one of my lamborghinis.

Good luck,

Dave

Old 08-22-2012, 06:44 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Brother, it's not lame. It's your car and you should do what you want. I haven't seen anyone make a quality fender emblem (domed epoxy or metal/porcelain). You could use a hood emblem but it might be too small. The magnetic ones on Ebay look really cheap. If you do it, do it right. Look for a great metallic emblem and have at it.

You may prefer this to ... newer model bumpers, whale tail, stripes, wrapping, de-badging, carbon accessories... or many other things that some others think is cool but may not be to you.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:12 PM
DallasDave is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by denversteve
Brother, it's not lame. It's your car and you should do what you want. I haven't seen anyone make a quality fender emblem (domed epoxy or metal/porcelain). You could use a hood emblem but it might be too small. The magnetic ones on Ebay look really cheap. If you do it, do it right. Look for a great metallic emblem and have at it.
Dead on Steve. The epoxy badge is the way to go - will appear oem. Hood emblems are too small IMO.

Cheers,
Dave

Old 08-22-2012, 07:26 PM
I didnīt say that I will like to do it, in my case I think is a ferrari thing, just wondering if someone has done it, and I say if someone has or had the ***** to do it!!

Yes I am starting to do some other modifications, I am going step by step and I like my car as it is, only a few things more but never ever I will do badges on the side.

Originally Posted by denversteve

You may prefer this to ... newer model bumpers, whale tail, stripes, wrapping, de-badging, carbon accessories... or many other things that some others think is cool but may not be to you.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:30 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Personally I kinda like it........I seen the badges on a 930 (in the 930 forum) some time ago.The car was blue and stunning!I think TurboVR6 owned it but I couldn't find the link.The only one I found was this one.......

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...els-tires.html

Old 08-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Taxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really nice
Originally Posted by roelricardo
I know is sounds crazy but I was looking at a video of the 458 and Ferrari always have announce all over there cars with badges on the sides and they are big!!

They have cavallino rampante on there logo, so do we, in our case is a schwarzes Pferd!!

Any one with enough ***** to do the trick?
Wait, why would I want to put Ferrari badges on my Porsche?

Also, DallasDave, I officially hate you for having such an amazing Lamborghini. (lol)

Last edited by Taxi!; 08-24-2012 at 03:34 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has someone done side badges like Ferrari?