997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Bored of Your Porsche 997 Carrera Power?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Bored of Your Porsche 997 Carrera Power?

We have some amazing news if you are bored with the horsepower of your 997 Porsche Carrera 05-08. The VF Engineering Supercharger kit for the Carrera now has a new LOW price exclusively from Vivid Racing for orders placed through today till 11/1/12. View the VF Supercharger Porsche Kits Here and Add To Cart then redeem coupon code NEWVF to see the new low price.

Having used all forced induction systems on the market for the Porsche 911 Carrera, including our own designed turbo kit, the VF Engineering supercharger system is hands does the best upgrade you can get. If you are starting your mod process, continue reading. If you have already added mods, the only thing you need to retain is your Exhaust System. So, what are the first things people tell you to buy? Exhaust, Headers, Intake, ECU Flash. Right there that is spending just over $4000. Add in a plenum and you have just spent about $5000 without installation. Here is the thing... The VF Engineering supercharger adds in a true 150HP gain realized on a stock 997 Carrera. All those mods are not cumulative. So you might, maybe, gain a total of 40-50 wheel horsepower!

So what do you get from VF Engineering for your 911 Carrera?
  • ECU Tuning
  • Upgraded Injectors
  • Vortech V3 Centrifugal Supercharger with self contained oil
  • Porsche OEM GT3 Front Radiator for air to water intercooler
  • Supercharger CNC Machined Bracket
  • Roto Molded Black Plastic Intake Tube
  • All required hardware - You need NOTHING Else
  • 6psi of boost taking you to an 11sec 1/4 mile

Back when I had a 996 Carrera, I used a supercharger that was a roots style. The car made a solid 100whp and felt good, but whined like crazy. (Watch Here) It was fun, but we moved on to the 996 Turbo. A year ago we decided to create a turbo kit for the 996 and 997 to put a quality, power producing kit on the market that had the best fitment and tuning. We did, but soon realized the installation became issues with shops because of the complexity of the parts. So as a partner with VF Engineering, we choose to focus on their product as the installation, performance, and quality could not be replicated.

Over the past year, we have sold 24 supercharger kits for the 911. The best part about it, no need for after care. The kits and tuning are flawless. Though, we personally offer top level support to our customers and installation shops that need assistance. With full detailed pictured instructions and more then 500 supercharger kits sold globally since the inception of the 996 kit, VF's full engineering approach to the supercharger kit is of OEM quality.

Wanting a supercharger kit for my E90 BMW M3, I did not want to have the same experience I did with my 996. So I took the chance and put a VF620 kit on my car. No noise, super linear, and made literally, no BS, to the wheels 162rwhp! Read article here.

As a VF Engineering product user, and Porsche fanatic, I can say convincingly that for the normally aspirated Porsche 911 Carrera, there is no better money spent for horsepower and reliability then putting a VF Engineering Supercharger Kit on!

Contact me for questions, comments, install help, pricing, fitment, etc!

Last edited by vividracing; 08-24-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:42 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
Thinking about this. I inquired on your turbo kit today (not sure if this is John).

Questions - does the "Porsche OEM GT3 Front Radiator for air to water intercooler" work in conjunction with the Tiptronic cooler or does it replace it? Headers and/or 200 cell cats required? What's the average HP gain on a 3.6L?

Last edited by gonz996; 08-24-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
No this is Dan. John told me about your call. We are not doing the Turbo Kits at this time. Plus we have not done a Tiptronic anyways. VF Engineering has done many TIP cars. So as far as fitment and function, no issues there. The center radiator is retain and the kit plumbs into it.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:43 PM
unbalance77 is infamous around these parts
My 997s(2005') has bore-up engine(4.0l).
Is this kit fittable to my car?
And my car is manual trasmission, but already installed gt3 third-radiator.
So any other discount?

Old 08-25-2012, 10:08 PM
johnnyamerica is infamous around these parts
Can these kits be put on 3.8 S's?

Old 08-26-2012, 01:58 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnnyamerica
Can these kits be put on 3.8 S's?
Yes.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Former Vendor
thank you NorthVan!

unbalanced - yes the kit will fit on your 4.0L. The tuning part is not an issue. The kit cannot be further discounted, sorry.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
Why is this kit superior to the turbo kit? Are you referring to the TPC turbo kit?

I was planning on adding the TPC turbo this winter, but I have some hessitation. A Carrera 4S Turbo kind of sounds like a 997TT imitation. But a 4S Supercharged is unique and interresting. Please compare the SC and TPC turbo products.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:48 AM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
I believe in comparison, both running 6PSI, the TPC turbo has a greater output with 520 hp and 450lb/ft of torque, versus VF-E's supercharger with 475 hp and 370 lb/ft of torque.

Vivid Racing had a turbo kit with comparable numbers but I recently learned that was placed on hold and on the back burner. There were several things that impressed me about their kit, and it's too bad it's not available at this time. The one thing they did that TPC Racing DID NOT, was to retain the crash bar. I called TPC last week and they confirmed this. They stated it's something they may redesign for future use. For me safety is FIRST. Removing the crash bar is serious business not only from a safety concern, but also from potential damage and serious risk if ever hit your insurance coverage will likely deny it.

I think there's some things you can do to improve the "output". I know with my E46 M3 that was supercharged, although not by VF-E, was very impressive to drive and a total BEAST. I can only imagine with the Carrera how much it'll transform the car.

This is something I'll likely get in the near future. I also want the GT3 conversion center exhaust and this works with it whereas the turbo wouldn't have.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
Super Adjuster - DynoJet numbers and real world numbers are to totally different things. I have dynoed independently all products. I will be happy to give my personal experience with all products to you via phone. 4809663040 x222

Gonz - We could do the turbo kit, but would require your car here, alot of time, custom dyno tuning, etc. I/We prefer to sell a PROVEN quality product that will be simple for you/techs to install and give you the huge power increase you want.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Dan - I may go with the VF-E setup and the center exhaust setup/bumper I've been exchanging information on with Alex. I still have a little time before the project.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
I was not aware of the crash bar issue. I don't want to derail this thread, so I will post further questions in my FI thread.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ther-mods.html

Old 08-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor
Who is Alex?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM
My mistake. I confused the turbo kit and discussion with another vendor with the GT3 exhaust. Sorry about that.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Former Vendor
LOL Ok. Like I said I have used all applications and very familiar with each. I will be more then happy to give you my experience with each kit including tuning, installation, fitment, performance. Call me anytime. 4809663040 x222

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bored of Your Porsche 997 Carrera Power?