997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

hooks on back of seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 05:51 PM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
hooks on back of seat

ok what are those things for? not sure as i can't seem to hang anything on them and can't find another specific purpose. i'm sure once you guys tell me i'll feel like an idiot.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Lol !! I believe they are there so Porsche can add them to the list of free standard features. An obvious attempt to make the list of standard features closer in length to the list of cost extra options. Beyond that they serve no useful purpose although they can be ordered in matching leather at an additional cost.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Suit coats. They work well enough, and the height is ideal with the tall seat backs to keep the coat from dragging the floor. I prefer to not drive in a suit coat. I'd rather hang it up.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:32 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
I use it for when I pick up my shirts from the dry cleaners.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 AM
rubber_ducky is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hakaida
I use it for when I pick up my shirts from the dry cleaners.
Where is the "this thread is useless without pics" emoticon?

I'm not sure it's possible to hang a single clothing hanger on these hooks let alone several of them.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:09 AM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
Funny for some reason i can't get a coat hanger to stay on there any length of time

Old 08-28-2012, 07:56 AM
alpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of light
There's just gotta be some special coat hangers that we can buy from Porsche Design Store or Porsche Tecquipment. If I could get the hangers in carbon fiber, then I'd defintely buy a suit coat (with carbon fiber lapels and buttons of course) to hang in my car.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:48 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by alpine-al
There's just gotta be some special coat hangers that we can buy from Porsche Design Store or Porsche Tecquipment. If I could get the hangers in carbon fiber, then I'd defintely buy a suit coat (with carbon fiber lapels and buttons of course) to hang in my car.
Your right . . . FA Porsche designed a special CF hanger if I recall. I think it sold out and was priced at $625 for a matched set. Maybe ther're on eBay now.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
It's not the Porsche hangers that kill the deal. It's the required special anti slip mechanism with installation only at your AD. Please have your VIN available when ordering.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Those hooks work about as well as the 911 rear seat joke. (Actually, I think they're made to hang up a coat using the little loop inside the collar on most jackets.)

Old 08-29-2012, 10:13 PM
thrashek is a name known to allthrashek is a name known to allthrashek is a name known to allthrashek is a name known to allthrashek is a name known to allthrashek is a name known to all
The hooks are a bit cheesy... fair enough. Maybe somebody has figured something creative to do with them? Tie down points for luggage??? Just kidding.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JB in AR
Actually, I think they're made to hang up a coat using the little loop inside the collar on most jackets.
Bingo

Old 08-30-2012, 01:45 PM
richard181 is infamous around these parts
hanger for thost plastic grocery bags??????

Old 08-30-2012, 03:54 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Child seat restraint hook.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:32 AM
amge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond repute
I use the hook all the time. It's the same as the hook behind the airplane seats in economy cabin...(The flight attendants hang up your jacket on hangers if you're up front.) Most suit jackets have a little loop that goes right on those hooks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: hooks on back of seat