997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

pdk in stop and go traffic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 07:59 AM
LuckyBob is infamous around these parts
pdk in stop and go traffic

Hi all,

I pulled the trigger on a 2010 C2S with PDK, low miles. The car is a lot of fun to drive! However, having driven the car for a few days I noticed an issue. Everytime when I'm trying to get the car moving from a complete stop, just as I released the brake I can feel a slight vibration/shudder before the car goes into "creep mode" or before I apply throttle to take off. This seem to get worse in stop and go traffic as the vibration/shudder becomes more pronouced. (my understanding is that PDK allows the car to "creep" forward in traffic by releasing the brake and without appling the throttle)
Has anyone else experience this symptom with your PDK equipped car?
What could be the problem? My initial thought was the HPFP issue then I confirmed this with my dealer that my car was not effected by this recall.

Thanks for any insight.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:29 AM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Have you tried using sport mode?

Old 09-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have the issue you noted on my '11' GTS but I did have it on my '09' C2S. While sport mode may eliminate the issue it will also tend to hold the gear longer and run up higher revs. That doesn't hurt anything it is just a different issue.

There were some upgrades to the PDK software. You may want to check with your service advisor.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:21 PM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
its a inherent problem with the pdk; shutter- etc at idle
I virtually eliminated it with my tuning and with a idle increase on my EVOMS ecu software

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...dk-tuning.html