997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Potential Warranty Issues with Gundo Mod-fyi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 05:12 PM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Potential Warranty Issues with Gundo Mod-fyi

Guys, just wanted to pass this info on per my discussion with a service manager of local P-dealer confirming whether I'd have any warranty issues if the Gundo was performed on my 997.2..

He said the warranty would not be voided, however, if there were any problems to the car as result of the Gundo mod or as result of using aftermarket exhausts overall; PCNA will not honor the warranty to fix.
I'm no tech expert (being all new to P cars) but he mentioned that these mods sometimes affect the back pressure, cause warning lights to come on, or even oil leaks as result..and in these cases Porsche will not fix due to the problems being associated with a modded or aftermarket exhaust.

I've read tons here and on Rennlist and know what the concensus is and just wanted to pass this info on to everyone based on my conversation with the service manager as an awareness to put out there..

..Be interesting to hear from anyone who have had to bring their car into the dealer with a mod or aftermarket exhaust and see what their service experience was- whether they had issues with warranty being honored, etc.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:20 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
It's going to depend on the dealer and the service manager. I don't see any issues arising from a "Gundo'd" muffler, except to the muffler itself (should it require replacing at some point under warranty). My dealer would not object to an aftermarket system, assuming the cats are still in place.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by PTParks
It's going to depend on the dealer and the service manager. I don't see any issues arising from a "Gundo'd" muffler, except to the muffler itself (should it require replacing at some point under warranty). My dealer would not object to an aftermarket system, assuming the cats are still in place.
Makes sense to me..

Old 09-17-2012, 08:59 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
I can't imagine any issue arising from the hack. There is nothing engine related to the hack. You simply redirect exhaust around the muffler. Any issue with a warranty would have to be directly attributable to the modification.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by denversteve
I can't imagine any issue arising from the hack. There is nothing engine related to the hack. You simply redirect exhaust around the muffler. Any issue with a warranty would have to be directly attributable to the modification.
Thanks dsteve. That's what I have read re the mod and just wanted to share with everyone what info I got from the dealer, and leave this up for open discussion...

Old 09-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I have a Sharkwerks bypass on my GTS and have had no issues. The only warranty work I've had on the car is an alignment and a new PDK.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by Alan C.
I have a Sharkwerks bypass on my GTS and have had no issues. The only warranty work I've had on the car is an alignment and a new PDK.

Appreciate the feedback Alan, thanks!