997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

@@@Newbie inside+PLasti Dip@@@@

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 12:12 PM
kerlow66 has a spectacular aura aboutkerlow66 has a spectacular aura aboutkerlow66 has a spectacular aura about
@@@Newbie inside+PLasti Dip@@@@

Hi Guys just picked her up last week with a little over 60k,Replaced tails with depo,Front DRL's,Clear corner lights on order and a spare FOB fron suncoast porsche.Also waiting on the 19" Avant garde mesh in matte black. Got bored yesterday and dipped some parts-Wheels,mirrors,rock guards,Carrera badge.Roof is vinyl BTW. also ordered 3 gallons of matte white plasti dip.Here is she when i got her
Name:  IMG_20120913_204302_zpsb9c815e0.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  105.0 KB

And as she sits right now

Name:  1348421515_zpsbdee8800.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  105.0 KB
Name:  1348421526_zpsd0985c45.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  177.6 KB
Name:  1348421530_zps0360d042.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  203.4 KB
Name:  1348421590_zpsbc76421c.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  168.6 KBName:  1348421504_zps36c7acfb.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  120.8 KB

Old 09-24-2012, 02:56 AM
kchociej is infamous around these partskchociej is infamous around these parts
Beautiful 911. How long did it take to do the wheels?

Do you mind sharing how much you paid out the door?
I'm doing some homework since after I sell my 2002 996 I'll be upgrading to an early 997 & want to see what the real market prices are versus asking prices.

PM me if you feel more comfortable.

Thanks

Old 09-24-2012, 06:47 AM
terpsred has a spectacular aura aboutterpsred has a spectacular aura about
You are brave to paint the mirrors while still on the car! Bravo, it came out great. Does it chip easy? I love the black stone guards. When my clear ones chip out, I'm going to the black too.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:37 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Kudos for a great job! I was contemplating the plasti dip of the rock guards, but since they take a beating, I rather had them vinyled.
How durable is the plasti-dip against wear? couple of months? weeks? It looks awesome!

kchociej: I was in the same boat exactly last year: sold my 2002 996 to get an early 997. Price for the 997 and 45K miles was $34,500. It was the cheapest on autotrader. The car is fantastic. I couldn't be happier! you are going to love it.

I think that you can get a 2005 with +/- 60K miles for around $30,000 these days.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:59 AM
kerlow66 has a spectacular aura aboutkerlow66 has a spectacular aura aboutkerlow66 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kchociej
Beautiful 911. How long did it take to do the wheels?

Do you mind sharing how much you paid out the door?
I'm doing some homework since after I sell my 2002 996 I'll be upgrading to an early 997 & want to see what the real market prices are versus asking prices.

PM me if you feel more comfortable.

Thanks
Paid 33k +taxes on her,it took me about 30 mins tops/wheel painted and mounted.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Kudos for a great job! I was contemplating the plasti dip of the rock guards, but since they take a beating, I rather had them vinyled.
How durable is the plasti-dip against wear? couple of months? weeks? It looks awesome!

kchociej: I was in the same boat exactly last year: sold my 2002 996 to get an early 997. Price for the 997 and 45K miles was $34,500. It was the cheapest on autotrader. The car is fantastic. I couldn't be happier! you are going to love it.

I think that you can get a 2005 with +/- 60K miles for around $30,000 these days.
Thanks Joel,I did 6 coats of plasti dip and it should last years if applied properly,plus you can just easily peel it off if you have 5 coats on it.I am gonna dip the whole car in white and we'll see

Old 09-24-2012, 09:49 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Talking Here's some Dip for your Chips...

I'm still researching Plasti-Dip. Things I'd like to know:

1. Will the Aerosol spray can as good a job as the Wagnor Airless Sprayer?

2. Will Rocks chip it at Freeway Speeds?

3. How does it look after Washing your vehicle?

4. Will hard water rain spots leave permanent marks?

Here is a Video if you interested

On the Video, the Guy doesn't protect driveway, or exhausts...??

Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congrats on the purchase !! I love those mirrors,they turned out great. I would also consider getting some Lamin-X for the front bumper to protect against road debris.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:12 AM
See u n rear view
-The aerosol cans are better for small areas,I ordered a pro kit from dipyourcar cause I am gonna do whole car in matte white.
-I dipped my motorcycle fenders a month ago and it still looks good no chips it actually protects the paint.
-Dip looks the same after washing some lint that's about it.
-it will leave a mark just like any paint, but comes off when washed.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Congrats on the purchase !! I love those mirrors,they turned out great. I would also consider getting some Lamin-X for the front bumper to protect against road debris.
Thanks bud no need I'm dipping the whole car in matte white(fingers crossed) :-)

Old 09-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by JoelPirela

Thanks for sharing. Greatly appreciated!

Not to hijack this thread...I bought my 996 already with RMS/AOS done & full service records at a good price. I drool every time I see a 997 & surf the web daily.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by kerlow66
Paid 33k +taxes on her,it took me about 30 mins tops/wheel painted and mounted.
Outstanding price! Thank you very much for sharing.

Congrats on your purchase.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:09 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Talking Here's my Wagnor... "Spray me, Maybe..."

Originally Posted by kerlow66
See u n rear view
-The aerosol cans are better for small areas,I ordered a pro kit from dipyourcar cause I am gonna do whole car in matte white.
-I dipped my motorcycle fenders a month ago and it still looks good no chips it actually protects the paint.
-Dip looks the same after washing some lint that's about it.
-it will leave a mark just like any paint, but comes off when washed.
There's Plastidip.com and dipyourcar.com is there a better place to buy the kit?

Which model Wagnor comes in the kit?

thanks for the info. I think I'll practice on my wife's car first...

Old 09-24-2012, 11:15 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
I want to see the whole car white! that would be awesome if you get steps by steps pictures...

Old 09-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
There's Plastidip.com and dipyourcar.com is there a better place to buy the kit?

Which model Wagnor comes in the kit?

thanks for the info. I think I'll practice on my wife's car first...
I got it from https://www.dipyourcar.com/product.p...tured_product=
I got 4 gallons cause of my cars color is dark and transitioning to white takes a couple of coats more also dipyourcar.com paints come pre diluted already so when you get it just pour it in the gun.
For sprayer I think it's the Control spray plus.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: @@@Newbie inside+PLasti Dip@@@@