997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Found this in my wheel well, what is it??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 04:52 PM
mxp
mxp is infamous around these parts
Question Found this in my wheel well, what is it??

Hey guys,

I got the car detailed and took the headlights out ready for the clear bra install tomorrow, to my surprise when looking inside the drivers side opening i found this giant battery pack looking item.

The item itself looks like a battery pack, weighs about the same as a maglite.

It has one cord coming from the bottom and going in to the trunk and two little rubber antennas also coming from the same end.

The unit itself seems to be 2 smaller units wrapped in electrical tape then in hockey tape. There was a bead of black silicone (I guess used to secure it down)....

Any ideas what this could be? The dealer is closed right now so I haven't had a chance to ask them yet...

Lojack?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help ...

Old 10-01-2012, 05:09 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Where exactly was this in the wheel well?

Old 10-01-2012, 05:10 PM
mxp
mxp is infamous around these parts
resting on top of the fender liner, from the looks of it previously it was siliconed to the underside of the fender just above the wheel arch of the fender liner

Old 10-01-2012, 05:15 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Tracking device!!!!!

Old 10-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
+1 on GPS tracking device. Was the previous owner a shady character?

Although law enforcement tracking devices typcially would not be hard wired, only battery operated. Where does the wire into the trunk go specifically? Connected to the car's battery?

Old 10-01-2012, 05:55 PM
rossiterb is infamous around these parts
Tracking Device

It looks very similar to a Skypatrol tracking device. I would remove it.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:01 PM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by semicycler
+1 on GPS tracking device. Was the previous owner a shady character?

Although law enforcement tracking devices typcially would not be hard wired, only battery operated. Where does the wire into the trunk go specifically? Connected to the car's battery?
LOL....I was the previous owner, but only for 4 months (and not shady guy.....unless you talk to ex-gf's from high school). Guy before me who had it from new was a local doctor

you should un-peel that tape to see any markings or brands.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:01 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
that's not a regular issue gps or LoJack kind of deal... that's law enforcement's grade tracking device.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:05 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
Definitely not LoJack!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Why did you remove the headlights for installation of a clear bra??

Old 10-01-2012, 07:47 PM
a4ep is infamous around these parts
Seems to me someone's wife got suspicious...humm the doctor and a possible nurse ;o)

Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JB in AR
Why did you remove the headlights for installation of a clear bra??
Most quality installers do - to roll the edges of the material.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...acking-device/

Old 10-01-2012, 09:05 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Did Arnold Schwarzneger own this car? Poor Maria was probably trying to keep up with him!

Old 10-01-2012, 09:38 PM
GS997 is infamous around these parts
High grade tracking device. Thats not lojack. If it was someones wife, I HIGHLY doubt she would remove the wheel well and silicone this up in there. Wives hide devices INSIDE the car somewhere. This is 100% a LE tracking device.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Found this in my wheel well, what is it??