997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone have Softtronic Flash on a GTS Or Carrera S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 11:41 AM
fstbiker is infamous around these parts
Anyone have Softtronic Flash on a GTS Or Carrera S

How has it been and how much increase in power did you get? Was it a well wroth mod?

Old 10-03-2012, 11:56 PM
VM997C4S is infamous around these parts
I would also like to know

Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Location: Waltham, MA/Southport,CT/Vero Beach, FL/Grosse Pointe, MI
steve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to allsteve0827 is a name known to all
Also interested.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 AM
650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold
^ what they said

Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 AM
keny is infamous around these parts
suscribed

Old 10-04-2012, 02:46 PM
fc2s is infamous around these partsfc2s is infamous around these parts
also interested, particularly for the S

Old 10-04-2012, 06:07 PM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
I would like to hear feedback too. My next upgrades will be ECU plus exhaust system. My warranty just expired so I am gonna do some upgrades I have been waiting on.

So far, For my Carrera 4S I have done the K&N Air intake and IPD plenum. I highly recommend the $280 K&N 57-7000 57 Series FIPK Performance Intake Kit for the 997.1 cars. This really helped the flat spot in power between 4500-6000 rpm on those engines. you really feel it and It also sounds amazing. Very similar sound improvement to the way the new 991 pipes intake sound into the interior.

What about the promotive ecu upgrade? It's similar to softronic where you can upload and download. would be curious to hear feedback on that as well.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:29 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Is the K&N system easy to install in a 997S? Any modifications needed? Is there a DIY instruction somewhere?

Thanks!

Old 10-22-2012, 05:40 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
We had some good gains during the R&D on our 09S development car with the EVOMSit back in October of 08. Been doing it ever since... good for a few ponies:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...s-ztadpol.html

Old 10-22-2012, 07:51 PM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
Is the K&N system easy to install in a 997S? Any modifications needed? Is there a DIY instruction somewhere?

Thanks!

were off topic, but yes... very easy. mods... you may have to plug a small vacuum line. There are install pics online some where. easy to find. taking your time and being careful... a little over an hour to install. the longest part is assembling the small box the filter is supported by. easy mod.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:52 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
I have the Fabspeed CAI. Looks much better than the K & N. Sound above 4000 rpm is just awesome. I also have the Softronic ECU flash. After a few miles driving to get the new program to work I have "felt" better excelleration. I haven't found a 4 wheel Dyno to run my car and confirm numbers. Important to keep filter clean. Dirty filter will rob power quickly.

I feel my car revs quicker as I hit the limit a little quicker than with stock air box. Overall happy with this mod..not to mention the great look of carbon fibre in the engine bay.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:02 AM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
I'm interested if flashing would help a GTS.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:16 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Call Softronic and ask them about the HP increase for the GTS and / or other cars. They are very friendly and will help you out. It's a toss up on whether or not to do the mod. There are some that say it's not worth the money to do the mod for the increase you get. I think the ECU flash will net more gains than a CAI...IMHO.
Your choice and your call...that's why the question is asked.

Lets us know what you decide. I felt a difference in my flash...you may too...but a GTS is already fast!!

Old 10-23-2012, 12:19 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
I would like someone who already has a GTS with a flash give their opinions about it. If I were to call any ecu company they would definitely say that I would see an increase in HP. I'm thinking it might be best to leave my engine alone.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Poshaman has a spectacular aura aboutPoshaman has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by hakaida
I would like someone who already has a GTS with a flash give their opinions about it. If I were to call any ecu company they would definitely say that I would see an increase in HP. I'm thinking it might be best to leave my engine alone.
OMG!!! You've got a car with an incredible engine. Leave it alone!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone have Softtronic Flash on a GTS Or Carrera S