997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

help recommending a dealership and a salesman in OC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 12:33 PM
luckyc27 is infamous around these parts
Hi Guys, thank you very much for everybodys feedback, after posting here I have expanded my search to a national search instead of just OC and LA, and last night I found the perfect car I'm looking for in Louisana; being that said, its a CPO 2009 C2S with 20K miles on it, for some reason I might be crazy or something, last night the price said $67k, I just checked right now as Im typing this up and now the price says $75k, I'm shooting them an email asking them what happened to the price, but anyways I have a few questions:

1. since its a CPO, clear carfax (1 owner,lease type), should I worry about any mechanical problems, should I worry about flying out there to test drive the car? I'm planning to ship, not drive it back to socal.

2. Can anybody recommend me a good shipping company and an estimate ?

3. what should be a good offer to make on this CPO 2009 c2s coupe with 20k miles, manual trans., Sport chrome pkg, bose high end sound system, Adaptive sport seats, Nav, bluetooth.

Thank you in advance for any possible feedback.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Ian c2 is infamous around these parts
have you looked on the pre-owned locator on porsche.com ??
i spoke with mike at circle porsche about him locating cars for me .
in the end i found one which ticked most of my boxes* with roger at hoehn porsche in carlsbad .

* i made a list of what my ideal car would be ....
got to be an S
silver
black full leather
pdk
sport chrono plus
adaptive seats etc etc .

mike said no real chance , but he's been surprised before .
i found a couple of near-hits in surrounding states and couldn't buy as one of my credit union's rules is ca cars only . mike offered to help with this and explained once its on there property in lakewood it is a ca car .

my car didnt tick all the boxes , but with a couple of these boxes it exceeded my expectations so i'm happy

Old 10-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
If you want to deal with Newport Auto, and build a relationship with our local dealer, ask for Dan Camouche and tell him I referred you. But as others have said, you can find a very nice CPO car anywhere in the nation. You can do your homework and look at the photos and dealer records, along with logs of how the car was driven, and make up your mind with a sound decision. If car is in great mechanical shape, and has all service records, then it comes down to cosmetics. That's where we can help you. We can take any used car, and depending on its condition and your budget and needs, turn it into something as good as new, or sometimes better. Hope this helps
Dan is a stand up guy. He is honestly a very nice guy. With that being said, I don't think Newport has the best prices. I would also check out Bev Hills. They give great discounts. gl