997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

help recommending a dealership and a salesman in OC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 01:29 PM
luckyc27 is infamous around these parts
help recommending a dealership and a salesman in OC

Hello everyone,

I live in Orange County, CA and after been following this forum for quite some time (a few months), I'm finally in the position to buy my first 997C2S (still deciding if coupe or cab) (manual or pdk) since it will be for daily drive still thinking if I should do manual or pdk.

But going back to my original question, can anybody recommend me any dealership and a salesman within that dealership to do business with in the LA area/OC area??

btw, I'm looking for a used 2007-2008 997C2S with decent miles (less than 30k should be fair I think)

Old 10-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Taiwanese is infamous around these parts
2009 or later has PDK
2008 or prior has tiptronic

Old 10-09-2012, 03:44 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Don't limit your search to your local area. There's a ton of dealerships in socal so there's a good chance you might find something you like, but check cars.com, autotrader.com and the used car finder on porsche's website. That's where I found my car. It wasn't listed on cars.com or autotrader and probably the reason why I got an unbelievable deal on my car. It is very possible that the perfect car is halfway or all the way across the country.

Taiwanese is correct so if you really want a pdk car you will have to look at 2009 and up and pay more. But if you can afford the 997.2 cars I would go for those over the 997.1 cars.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:53 PM
LagunaDallas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hakaida
Don't limit your search to your local area.
Agreed. I bought my first 997 when I was on vacation (1,500 miles from home) and randomly stopped by a dealership. It was such a good deal that I could still sell the car today for the price I paid 3 years ago. Nothing at home at the time was even close price-wise, and the car was perfect.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Taiwanese, thanks for noticing that, well my budget is around $60-65k so i guess I would stay on the 2007-2008 models since looking online 2009 are around $70k and above.

I've been looking at the porsche.com/usa website to look at their used car inventory, and yes what you guys said about not limiting my search to local dealership since I found my perfect car (colors and options) at one porsche dealership in NC; however, how am i supposed to test drive it? and then bring it all the way home? and then if I buy a CPO, will my local dealership won't deny me warranty repairs for not having bought the car at their lot? by telling me I should go to the dealer I bought it from which obviously I wont go to NC for repairs you know.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:19 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luckyc27
Taiwanese, thanks for noticing that, well my budget is around $60-65k so i guess I would stay on the 2007-2008 models since looking online 2009 are around $70k and above.

I've been looking at the porsche.com/usa website to look at their used car inventory, and yes what you guys said about not limiting my search to local dealership since I found my perfect car (colors and options) at one porsche dealership in NC; however, how am i supposed to test drive it? and then bring it all the way home? and then if I buy a CPO, will my local dealership won't deny me warranty repairs for not having bought the car at their lot? by telling me I should go to the dealer I bought it from which obviously I wont go to NC for repairs you know.
Absurd comment (maybe tongue in cheek) saying you would be expected to have your car serviced where you bought it in NC. The Porsche CPO warranty is a Porsche warranty not a dealer warranty - it is honored by all Porsche dealers.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Also, I'm more inclined into buying a CPO so I can have peace of mind on the warranty, thats why even though I've been checking out cars.com and ebay.com I'm kinda hesitate to buy from a non-porsche dealership.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:29 PM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by luckyc27
Also, I'm more inclined into buying a CPO so I can have peace of mind on the warranty, thats why even though I've been checking out cars.com and ebay.com I'm kinda hesitate to buy from a non-porsche dealership.
Check your PM.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:57 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
I highly recommend Bob McDonald at Walter's Porsche in Riverside. Walter's sponsors the Orange Coast (Orange County) chapter of PCA and is very involved in PCA activities. Their general manager is a regular competitor at track and autocross events so they're very enthusiast friendly. I've bought four Porsches in the last 5 years, all from Bob.

DMoore
'11 Carrera GTS
'10 Panamera 4S

Old 10-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks Dmoore, I'll shoot Bob an email, but I just looked at their inventory and they pretty much dont have anything.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:21 PM
RichM3 is infamous around these parts
I just purchased a '09 C2S with 23K miles, sport crono, PDK, etc. from Rusnak Porsche in Westlake Village. I dealt with Dan Gibbs who is the internet sales manager there and I couldn't have had a better sales experience. I had the deal worked out before I set foot in the dealership to test drive the car. They stayed true to their word on the trade-in value we negotiated on my e90 M3, gave me a great deal on the C2S and great financing, 1.9%. Can't hurt to reach out to him. It's only 1.5 hours from OC with no traffic.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 PM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Talk to Dan Camouche at Newport Porsche. He's the GM/Sales Manager and can get inventory from across the country if you tell him what you are looking for. Dan's a great guy and will hook you up.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:05 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
If you want to deal with Newport Auto, and build a relationship with our local dealer, ask for Dan Camouche and tell him I referred you. But as others have said, you can find a very nice CPO car anywhere in the nation. You can do your homework and look at the photos and dealer records, along with logs of how the car was driven, and make up your mind with a sound decision. If car is in great mechanical shape, and has all service records, then it comes down to cosmetics. That's where we can help you. We can take any used car, and depending on its condition and your budget and needs, turn it into something as good as new, or sometimes better. Hope this helps

Old 10-11-2012, 10:10 AM
manishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jabed92694
Talk to Dan Camouche at Newport Porsche. He's the GM/Sales Manager and can get inventory from across the country if you tell him what you are looking for. Dan's a great guy and will hook you up.
+1 on Dan

Old 10-11-2012, 03:15 PM
treasureshell is infamous around these parts
another +1 on Dan here. Hubby bought his CPO 911 from Dan last year and service was top notch from beginning to the end. We ran into some snag (miscommunications about the CPO warranty) and Dan was on top of it to resolve it for us.

We like him and his service so much that hubby would drive 30 miles from home to the Newport dealership to get his car serviced (Dan gave him really good discount on service) and knowing that we live quite far away...Dan always gave him a Porsche Cayenne as a loaner for the entire week! (we drop off his 911 on a Sat and picked it up a week later on a Sat)

Hubby's CPO 911 still runs great with no issues (20 months after purchase)!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: help recommending a dealership and a salesman in OC