997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What happend ith yrralis1?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 05:11 PM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
What happend ith yrralis1?

Never saw again his informative posts for the past few months!!!!

Old 10-13-2012, 11:26 PM
sid_vicious is infamous around these parts
I enjoyed and learned from his posts too! I hope all is ok with him.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:43 AM
NYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of lightNYCPCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Larry
are you ok?

Old 10-14-2012, 03:20 PM
KIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to all
Yes , he is straight up , hope all is well .

Old 11-14-2012, 02:51 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Larry is doing well. He just does not frequent 6speed that much these days.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Taiwanese is infamous around these parts
I learned a few things from him as well. He also replied my PMs with detailed information.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:03 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
he did the same thing a few years back....i think its a break thing

Old 03-22-2013, 11:45 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I found my way back here

. There was a time when I felt I had placed a lot of effort into writing my posts andat some point I felt lot of silly threads suddenly appeared . So I took a break , didn't read the forum, and found myself having more time . I didn't even drive my car as much.

Then a 15K service was nearing so I took the Turbo in . I still love this car !!!
Looking at the 991 cars , the Cayenne GTS , and chatting about the upcoming 991 Turbo and Gt3 was fun.

I decided to look at the forum now (months later) and am glad to see that the consistent quality posts have returned . I missed that.

I still have my Turbo , also have my M3 as well as a 12 Cayenne (V6 with loads of options) . All three cars are in top shape.
I hope all is well with everyone here and even see that there are new forum members adding a lot of great insight !!

In short .. I never really left .
Once bitten by the excitement of a Porsche ... it's long term .

PS. Glad to be back.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:25 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Welcome back Larry. There did seem to be a period where the quality of posts diminished to the point that I frequented this forum less than before. But lately it seems to have improved. Also, there seems to be a resurgence of interest in the 997's by new owners.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:39 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Larry great meeting you a couple years ago. Yep your Turbo is awesome!!!
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I found my way back here

. There was a time when I felt I had placed a lot of effort into writing my posts andat some point I felt lot of silly threads suddenly appeared . So I took a break , didn't read the forum, and found myself having more time . I didn't even drive my car as much.

Then a 15K service was nearing so I took the Turbo in . I still love this car !!!
Looking at the 991 cars , the Cayenne GTS , and chatting about the upcoming 991 Turbo and Gt3 was fun.

I decided to look at the forum now (months later) and am glad to see that the consistent quality posts have returned . I missed that.

I still have my Turbo , also have my M3 as well as a 12 Cayenne (V6 with loads of options) . All three cars are in top shape.
I hope all is well with everyone here and even see that there are new forum members adding a lot of great insight !!

In short .. I never really left .
Once bitten by the excitement of a Porsche ... it's long term .

PS. Glad to be back.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:22 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
+1 Ken. I thin the resurgence to 997 is in rise in the 991 pricing. I test drove a new 991 Carrera, non S, Yellow..loaded up with options, manual. After driving it and then driving my 997....choice was easy..stay with the 997. It seems more fun in 997 at this point to me. More raw.

Don't want to high jack the thread...but you get the point.

Welcome back yrralis1.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Welcome back, it's nice to take a break now and then. I used to be on MB forums all the time, it's almost an addiction.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:45 PM
VMM
VMM is infamous around these parts
Glad to hear all is well Larry!! I had been frequenting the forum a bit less for the past couple of years but got the bug again as I began contemplating wheels for my 997 (I have yet to decide). I really began to get check in frequently as I began to research a 2013 Cayenne S for my wife (ordered and arriving in late May). It's nice to see you back again. Everyone making their way back to greet you is a testament for all you've done for many members here!

Old 03-23-2013, 09:44 PM
kurtis_h has a spectacular aura aboutkurtis_h has a spectacular aura about
Larry, nice to meet ya! Im a new member to this forum and after reading these posts it sounds like its going to be nice reading your input. As a new porsche owner I knew nothing, as sad as it is to say! However I've been spending countless hours on this computer reading and learning from many ppl of this forum! It'll be nice to have another intelligent opinion!

Old 03-23-2013, 09:52 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VMM
Glad to hear all is well Larry!! I had been frequenting the forum a bit less for the past couple of years but got the bug again as I began contemplating wheels for my 997 (I have yet to decide). I really began to get check in frequently as I began to research a 2013 Cayenne S for my wife (ordered and arriving in late May). It's nice to see you back again. Everyone making their way back to greet you is a testament for all you've done for many members here!
That's to all who have replied .

I have a Cayenne . I do believe I posted somewhere in that folder but in case you are reading I'll save you the search .

Originally I placed an order for a 991S . While waiting i got spoiled by all the extra space in my garage plus i hurt my back . I walked into the dealership to cancel my order and saw a beautiful Cayenne V6 on the floor . At first I pondered that it wasn't an "S" but the S models on the floor were not as nicely equipped and in fact they were equal priced . THe loaded V6 Vs the modest equipped "S" was my choice on that given day and I picked the V6 .

I don't regret it at all. The V6 is not underpowered , the ventilated seats and two tone interior is awesome , and GF loves the panoramic roof . It gets great gas mileage and is a great practical vehicle .

I think if i had only one car and it had to be an SUV I might dabble with models like the GTS or Turbo . In fact the GTS sounds incredible and even though i am not a fan of bright red on an SUV I must say the GTS wears it quite well . It has this low stance growling appeal . It's almost like a Porsche fire truck.

Either way I do love the Cayenne and wish you the best with yours. Here's a few pics of mine.

Attached Images     

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What happend ith yrralis1?