997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fabspeed or AWE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 10:34 PM
stevenshin is infamous around these parts
Awe

Originally Posted by B-moreBroker
I will be buying either the AWE full exhaust system or the Fabspeed muffler bypass pipes ($3800 vs. $300 lol) with the Fabspeed tips coming out next week. Anyone have any recommendations as to which way I should go. I have the 997s. This is my first post on 6speed so hook me up!
Call Lee Dearborn at Motomodz at 410-477-6639. He has the full AWE system and other goodies on his 997S. Maybe you can go check it out.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Capitan America is infamous around these parts
check this out, this is my car with the PSI CS400 kit.

http://www.969motorsports.com/index....nfo_tech_notes

Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2006, 12:59 AM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
I have heard nothing but great things about the full AWE system, headers, cats, mufflers. It adds approx 40 horse which is by far one of the best gains out there and the sound is great. While it is an expensive setup - it looks and sounds awesome!

Old 02-07-2006, 06:43 AM
baboo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by synergy
I have heard nothing but great things about the full AWE system, headers, cats, mufflers. It adds approx 40 horse which is by far one of the best gains out there and the sound is great. While it is an expensive setup - it looks and sounds awesome!
I agree. When you consider the price you pay for the X51 package, AWE is a bargain. The only thing I'm waiting on is finding a darn installer in my area.

Old 02-07-2006, 08:31 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Headers, cats, muflers are a relatively easy diy job, give it a shot.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:46 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
I haven't heard the AWE exhaust. I have heard TechArt, Cargraphic, and Rinspeed exhausts, all which sounded terrific, with Rinspeed and Cargraphic sounding the best.
All the Fabspeed exhausts that I've heard have a distinct tone, which I never liked.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:04 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Heya guys here's a full gallery of the AWE system being installed on a Stage II 997S:

http://www.sharkwerks.com/galleries/..._997s_stage_ii

Old 02-08-2006, 09:12 PM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TheJudge
I need a price on the PSI immediately. What's the deal with that ride? Will a regular 997s sound like that with that exhaust?
I can't believe you want to spend money on a car you hate? Good Luck dealing with Porsche for a NEW 997S. I hate to see bad sh*t like that.

Old 02-09-2006, 03:38 AM
ICN2U is infamous around these parts
Anyone know where I can hear some clips of the full AWE system on a 997s?

Old 02-09-2006, 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Heya guys here's a full gallery of the AWE system being installed on a Stage II 997S:

http://www.sharkwerks.com/galleries/..._997s_stage_ii
Hey Sharkster, thanks for the pics.
Will the car still pass smog with the full AWE system?
How about impact on the warranty?

Old 02-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ICN2U
Anyone know where I can hear some clips of the full AWE system on a 997s?
Click the link and enjoy!

http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/mult...em%20HiRes.wmv

Old 02-09-2006, 01:02 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ICN2U
Hey Sharkster, thanks for the pics.
Will the car still pass smog with the full AWE system?
How about impact on the warranty?
If you go to a smog station that is "stringent" in terms of the visual part then likely not. However in terms of emissions it runs super-clean still So that part is good...

Old 02-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.

thanks Mike! looks/sounds great!

Old 02-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Up On 3 Racing is infamous around these parts
We just did exhaust on a 997S and the customer was doing back flips in the parking lot because he loved it soo much. The little power you gain is actually in the sport cats and headers not soo much to be gained in mufflers. Therefore, we left the mufflers alone. We just added the bigger tips. I have to agree with the customer it is a perfect deep throaty performance sound. One thing to remember is that the 997S is diffrent then the 997. The oxygen sensors will need to be routed strategically on the 997S in order to work. Let me know if your intrested Ive got a great deal on sport cats and headers.

Old 02-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Up On 3 Racing
We just did exhaust on a 997S and the customer was doing back flips in the parking lot because he loved it soo much. The little power you gain is actually in the sport cats and headers not soo much to be gained in mufflers. Therefore, we left the mufflers alone. We just added the bigger tips. I have to agree with the customer it is a perfect deep throaty performance sound. One thing to remember is that the 997S is diffrent then the 997. The oxygen sensors will need to be routed strategically on the 997S in order to work. Let me know if your intrested Ive got a great deal on sport cats and headers.
Was it AWE? I didn't notice AWE on your web site.
I never heard of not replacing mufflers too, is this unusual?
I am interested, how much $ for the sport cats & headers.

thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed or AWE