997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

painted calipers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 07:04 PM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
painted calipers

was bored of my base black calipers so i took a day and painted them red. i think it came out looking pretty good. just a teeny bit of overspray.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:36 PM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Nice job.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
Nice, very nice
Did you burn the paint in he oven?

Old 10-26-2012, 08:05 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
Looks Great! Nice job.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:59 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
awesome! can you go into detail on your approach? did you remove the calipers?

Old 10-26-2012, 09:33 PM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
i followed joelpirela's instructions on another thread i found here. calipers weren't removed, they stayed on the car, and everything was masked. used brake cleaner and scrubbed them clean first.

used 3-4 coats each of dupli-color high heat primer, caliper paint, and clear. decals from ebay. took the entire day, as prep work took a long time, and had to wait for each coat to dry and i only had one jack and two jack stands, but it was a fun project.

i actually used the brush on enamel first on one caliper, but that ended up looking terrible, and the brush left a bunch of bristles on it, i had to remove the paint and start all over on that one. not so happy about that stupid kit.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
good work, looks professional!

Old 10-27-2012, 07:50 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
they came out nice! I'm glad my post helped you out...

Old 10-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Bokchoys is infamous around these parts
wow... looks really good. any reason you didn't take them off first? seems like it would have been easier. wouldn't need to worry about over spray.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Nice job there!

I did mine this spring and chose silver as the color.

Matt

Old 10-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Poshaman has a spectacular aura aboutPoshaman has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Bokchoys
wow... looks really good. any reason you didn't take them off first? seems like it would have been easier. wouldn't need to worry about over spray.
You would have to bleed the brakes if you remove the calipers.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:03 PM
mirzam3 is infamous around these parts
nice job

Old 10-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
Hey so you needed three spray bottles right?
Primer
Red paint
Clear coat

Would you mind telling me what exactly you used and where to get it?

Thanks

Old 10-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Wanderingwheelz is infamous around these parts
Does anybody go so far as to buy an "S" for the rear after painting their brakes red? Like Ari on Entourage did to his wife's car. Hilarious! If I did this I'd choose a color other than red or yellow- doesn't it look poserish if you use a factory color that Porsche chose to designate a more premium (i.e. expensive) model in it's line-up? Am I the only one who thinks this when I see red calipers on a base Carrera or Boxster?

I know I'm opening up a can of worms, potentially.... But WTH.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:03 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
It's just a caliper for Pete's sakes. Paint it whatever color you like. I'm gonna paint mine either black or yellow. Don't like the red contrast on a black exterior.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: painted calipers