997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

iPad mini on the 997

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:32 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Amazing simply amazing! Great job man. Now you have made so many porsche owners mad. Why dont we thiiiiiisssssss!!!!!!

Old 09-18-2013, 04:36 PM
too tall is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by slicky rick
Amazing simply amazing! Great job man. Now you have made so many porsche owners mad. Why dont we thiiiiiisssssss!!!!!!
YES!!! Thanks to the OP for this thread. Bookmarked.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:35 AM
997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light
Hi
Could you post a picture of the blue tooth conection you used and where could it be bought...

Originally Posted by JoelPirela
the iPad will be mounted permanently with the option of removing it really easily. music is tru iTunes with all my library plus pandora. also fm radio thru I heart radio app. wifi is always supplied by clear and it's portable hotspot. movies, videos, YouTube, apps, obd2 connection thru Bluetooth adapter plug for engine management apps, gopro remote app for my go pro hero 2, plus **** in the car! lol! the iPad charges thru the car and stop charging while the key s removed. since the iPad is recessed 1/4" the bezel will make it look like it came with the car... I will paint the AC and PSM switch panel in black to match everything...

Old 12-30-2013, 08:20 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
it's here:

Bluetooth streaming:
Amazon.com: Belkin F8Z492TTP Bluetooth Music Receiver: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Belkin F8Z492TTP Bluetooth Music Receiver: MP3 Players & Accessories

If you are connecting this way, otherwise, you will need to plug the ipad to the audio source

Old 12-30-2013, 07:23 PM
997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light997ttR is a glorious beacon of light
Joel do you do installations On the side?

Originally Posted by JoelPirela
the iPad will be mounted permanently with the option of removing it really easily. music is tru iTunes with all my library plus pandora. also fm radio thru I heart radio app. wifi is always supplied by clear and it's portable hotspot. movies, videos, YouTube, apps, obd2 connection thru Bluetooth adapter plug for engine management apps, gopro remote app for my go pro hero 2, plus **** in the car! lol! the iPad charges thru the car and stop charging while the key s removed. since the iPad is recessed 1/4" the bezel will make it look like it came with the car... I will paint the AC and PSM switch panel in black to match everything...

Old 12-31-2013, 09:43 AM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
I know this is an old thread, but just for the edification of anyone from California out there who lives their life by the letter of the law, this type of display, while pretty cool, is likely illegal here.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27602.htm

Old 01-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Velocity 84 is infamous around these parts
Hey there! Wow, what an amazing project…I've been researching head units for my '06 Cayman S with Bose system for the past couple weeks. Almost went with AppRadio 3 until I saw this thread today! I've looked through all the posts on this thread and just want to confirm….Will an 987S with BOSE system require use of the MOST-HUR system from EuroMotorsports? or is there another alternative to make it all work?

Any luck with the bluetooth rear-facing camera to add to this already amazing project?

Cheers!

Old 03-17-2014, 02:02 AM
Shibeeb has a spectacular aura aboutShibeeb has a spectacular aura aboutShibeeb has a spectacular aura about
Amazing!

Old 03-17-2014, 08:29 AM
mkoenigsheim is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Velocity 84

Any luck with the bluetooth rear-facing camera to add to this already amazing project?

Cheers!
Hi all - see below in german amazon you can buy this reversing camera that is used via Wifi and an app - i don't know if the app auto starts when you go into reverse or you need to select it but... damned close to perfect with an Ipad in the car. also available for android tablets...

DNT 52147 RFK WIFI Webcam: Amazon.de: Kamera & Foto DNT 52147 RFK WIFI Webcam: Amazon.de: Kamera & Foto

Old 03-17-2014, 07:57 PM
srbrigante is infamous around these parts
Blown away! I would say awesome but that's an understatement.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:19 AM
Shibeeb has a spectacular aura aboutShibeeb has a spectacular aura aboutShibeeb has a spectacular aura about
How would u connect your ipad to itunes if you ever wanted to update it with music?

Old 03-18-2014, 01:44 AM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
Kudos to OP again. This mod is on my list for a while. I must work harder to find the time.

Shibeeb - an iPad/iPhone with 3G/4G cellular connection and iTunes Match subscription will magically update and sync up your music library!

Old 03-18-2014, 01:59 AM
I seriously need like a list of the things i need to get this to fit the ipad into my car

Old 03-18-2014, 10:31 AM
BruceH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Shibeeb
How would u connect your ipad to itunes if you ever wanted to update it with music?
Wifi in the garage It is also very easy to remove and take into the house to hard wire to the computer.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:32 PM
k_h_d is infamous around these parts
Resurrect an old thread....

To the OP:

I read through this post on installing the iPad mini in place of your factory head unit. That is an awesome install, great job!

Do you know what wiring lume I would need to do exactly as you did but for the CDR24 unit with Bose stereo? Would it be any different?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: iPad mini on the 997