997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

iPad mini on the 997

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:39 AM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
got all the parts to send to Eric at bumperplugs for painting everything black.
Joel,

Did you consider painting the bezel in gray to match the trim around the other dash buttons (AC, temp, fan, etc.)?

Are you also going to paint that trim black as well, or just leave it the stock grey color?

Old 12-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Taxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really nice
Joel,

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you list all the parts you used in one post? Thanks.

Jeff

Old 12-19-2012, 04:33 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
hi Jeff!

yes, I'm waiting for the USB power cable for the Bluetooth...
in regards of the paint, I frankly hate volcano grey and I will go with black. I will paint all the trim and components...

Old 12-23-2012, 04:17 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Parts ready for Eric at bumperplugs for painting! we are getting closer!

Old 12-23-2012, 04:26 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Cant wait to see it painted.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:19 PM
tomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the rough
I've seen a number of questions about interfacing this to the stock Bose system.
In order to interface to the stock Bose system, you will need a device from Nav TV called the MOST HUR. This interfaces the audio outputs of the iPad or any other head unit such as Pioneer to the MOST fiber connection to the Bose.
The only question, which was eluded to earlier is whether there is sufficient output from the iPad to have an adequate sound level. Most head units can output 4V PP Max. The iPad outputs 2.5V PP. Not sure what the requirements for the Bose are.

I hope this helps those who have the Bose.

Last edited by tomb18; 12-23-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Taxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really nice
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Parts ready for Eric at bumperplugs for painting! we are getting closer!

Joel,

You should've just wrapped them in carbon fiber-look vinyl to match your interior and engine compartment! I hope you told Eric to step on it as there's a bunch of people waiting to see the final results. Merry Christmas.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:30 PM
lol! Eric always takes care of me. he told me to ship it on the 31st, so they can get the parts as soon as they open shop on the 3rd, so they can get going!
it's going to be good!

Old 12-24-2012, 03:54 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Wish I was near you Joel, I would be there every step of the way! Since I've seen this, I have held up changing my stereo to Pioneer because your set up is sooo much better.

Tying to stay patient!!!

Old 12-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Former Vendor
DelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud of
How do you plan to get audio to an amp it fiber optic and unless you relocating the factory PCM under the hood? And if so are you using a NAVTV AUX?
If your using an aftermarket amp how are you going to control volume?

Whats the Plan for a Back UP Camera or Bluetooth?

Also Can't you just sync data Via Wifi off Your Existing phone and data plan?

Cool Concept but some limitation on features...

Old 12-30-2012, 07:36 PM
mudmutt is infamous around these parts
I have my entire stereo upgrade on hold waiting to see how this turns out.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
As much as I admire the work being done by the OP, and others who have been resourceful and creative in upgrading sound systems etc., I came to the conclusion a few years ago that TO ME it wasn't worth the money and time to make improvements to the PCM on the 997.1. I realized that for tooling around town, I enjoyed the car so much I didn't need more audio stimulation, and the nav was sufficient to serve my needs when needed (and augmented with the power of good apps on the iPhone and/or a Garmin). For longer trips, I found that the road noise was typically so significant that any audio system would need to be cranked up quite a lot to hear it over the road noise, especially on coarse pavement. I find the combination of road noise and high audio volume very tiring on a long trip.

But I do appreciate the attention to detail and what looks to be a great looking upgrade by the OP. Well done! I'm looking forward to pictures of completed project after Eric finishes painting components.

Last edited by keninirvine; 12-31-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Any update? Really eager to see how this comes together...
CATTMAN

Old 01-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Banned
Jon70ProofZ is just really niceJon70ProofZ is just really niceJon70ProofZ is just really niceJon70ProofZ is just really nice
I'd love to know what kind of adapter you would need if you have bose. That's a great setup.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 AM
no updates yet.... I just sent the parts to Eric for painting on the 31st to arrive January 3rd. and a USB charging cable I'm getting on January 7th... so I guess, I will be up and running by the end of the month... I will make a complete list once done.

thanks again!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: iPad mini on the 997