997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

gundo on 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 01:00 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Agree with steve on weight saving of aftermarket, though do not agree with power increase. I would say its all about noise and weight savings. Aftermarket subjective power increase is due to weight loss

Old 11-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Jungwook is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Steve997S
The crossover won't add any power and the extra noise you get is minimal comparatively, and it's raspy--not deep like most want. My guess is you would be happy with the hack sound so why buy a new center pipe(s). The OEM center silencer is not restrictive and is basically an x-pipe within the box, it's just the pipes are perforated to absorb sound.

Benefits of an aftermarket system versus the route you're contemplating is significant weight savings, and a power increase. So the question becomes what are you really after?
Thanks Steve. I'm into my 4th year ownership with my 09 C4S and just want something a little bit more than the car is right now without doing a whole make over.

So what I'm really after, I guess is ... a little more "bang" with very little investment if at all possible. What I was really afraid of was to do the hack and find out that there is hardly any change noticeable from inside the car and then slowly have to do this and that and that and then some more...

Thanks for all of your advise. I think it's now obvious that the hack itself alone is pretty "bang".

Thanks all!.