997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

gundo on 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 01:18 PM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
gundo on 997.2

has anyone done this hack on a 997.2? will it provide the same improved exhaust note as with the old 996 or 997.1? some have suggested that it might be different...

Old 11-06-2012, 04:28 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dethman
has anyone done this hack on a 997.2? will it provide the same improved exhaust note as with the old 996 or 997.1? some have suggested that it might be different...
Did it...Love It...Go do it.

The only difference is that I also added a set of AWE crossover pipes (did them first). The initial change with just the crossovers was minimal, which tells me the center muffler isn't really muffling that much. However, I definitely like the results after modding the side mufflers.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:31 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Do it...just enough exhaust note to make it sound right.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
I have 997.2 with Gundo and love it. Best bang for buck mod I've done. Don't even think about it another second - just go do it and you will thank yourself.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Mark Harris is infamous around these parts
Did Gundo on .2. Not enough change for me. Added Sharkwerks center bypass tubes which made the difference I was looking for.

Last edited by Mark Harris; 11-07-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mark Harris
Did Gundo on .2. Not enough change for me. Adding Sharkwerks center bypass tubes made the difference I was looking for.
That was actually my "stage 2" mod if I didn't think Gundo was good enough. Crazy how the bypass pipes are $700 but Gundo hack only cost $200 to do...

Old 11-07-2012, 10:38 AM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
Has anyone had the cross-pipes custom manufactured? ...may be cheaper.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Wanderingwheelz is infamous around these parts
I have the Fister Mod (glorified Gundo) + Sharkwerks cross pipes on my 2012 997.2 C2S 6 speed. I love it. I had the Sharkwers done first, so I cannot speak to the sound of the Gundo/Fister with the center muffler still in place. If I had to do it all over again, I'd do it in the reverse order since the Fister side cans added way more additional sound than the Sharkwerks did. My dad on the other hand was perfectly content sticking with the Sharkwerks alone on his 2012 C2. It's all a matter of how much noise you want to make.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Jungwook is infamous around these parts
Can anyone with a 997.2 gundo hack send me pics please. I live in Korea and none of the local work shops know the hack. Would a 2 inch pipe do for starters?

Thank you~

Old 11-09-2012, 09:00 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jungwook
Can anyone with a 997.2 gundo hack send me pics please. I live in Korea and none of the local work shops know the hack. Would a 2 inch pipe do for starters?

Thank you~
Plenty of pics around here. Just do a search (or "borrow" a copy of the Fister mufflers). I think the 2" connector pipe would be the optimal size. I don't think there is room for anything larger, or if anything bigger that 2" would make any appreciable difference in sound.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:12 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !

Thank you~
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ack-way-2.html

here you go.

2 inch diameter. (not length) FYI.

Last edited by cerbomark; 11-09-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:21 AM
Thanks Cerbomark! I've found some images from FD, 6speed, rentech, Google images, etc... but still can't really distinguish between ~09 and '09~ 997s . Anyways, last question - Do you know if it's worth the while without adding center muffler crossover pipes? as some seem to mention..

Thanks for your help!

Old 11-11-2012, 04:23 AM
oops... sorry... thought I recognized the signature... you were the one who mentioned crossovers

Cheers!

Old 11-11-2012, 05:23 AM
Thanks Cerbomark! I've found some images from FD, 6speed, rentech, Google images, etc... but still can't really distinguish between ~09 and '09~ 997s . Anyways, last question - Do you know if it's worth the while without adding center muffler crossover pipes? as some seem to mention..

Thanks for your help!
I have the stock center muffler and just did the gundo on the two muffflers and it is worth it alone to just do that.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help!
The crossover won't add any power and the extra noise you get is minimal comparatively, and it's raspy--not deep like most want. My guess is you would be happy with the hack sound so why buy a new center pipe(s). The OEM center silencer is not restrictive and is basically an x-pipe within the box, it's just the pipes are perforated to absorb sound.

Benefits of an aftermarket system versus the route you're contemplating is significant weight savings, and a power increase. So the question becomes what are you really after?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gundo on 997.2