997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

One off check engine light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
LOL. Not laughing at you just the direction this post has taken. Hauling a 48 lb (3 stone and 6 ) battery back and forth doesn't sound like a great solution. Why not just get a battery disconnect switch. Simple, cheap , the key only weighs about an ounce or 2 and it will fit in your pocket. The check engine light is jist a quirk of the Porsche
Picturing the car 3 levels down in a dungeon under the tower of London. The Hunchback of Notra Dame movie is all some of use Yanks know about London.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:11 PM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
Try these folks for an alternate lightweight battery: http://www.braillebattery.com/

I'd still go for the Italian valet service

Marrone (Italian slang for that is good )

Old 11-14-2012, 09:48 PM
devil boy is infamous around these parts
My car has had to sit for a few months due to business travel and such. I unplug the battery because where the car is stored doesn't have power outlets. When first starting it up I get the warning lights but they go out after a mile or so or if they happen to stay on the next time I start up they have gone out. I don't think much of it.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:11 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
I think I'll go out and hug my middle class garage this morning...

Old 11-15-2012, 06:37 AM
Riccardog is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dadio
LOL. Not laughing at you just the direction this post has taken. Hauling a 48 lb (3 stone and 6 ) battery back and forth doesn't sound like a great solution. Why not just get a battery disconnect switch. Simple, cheap , the key only weighs about an ounce or 2 and it will fit in your pocket. The check engine light is jist a quirk of the Porsche
Picturing the car 3 levels down in a dungeon under the tower of London. The Hunchback of Notra Dame movie is all some of use Yanks know about London.
What would be the difference between having a battery cutout switch and just disconnecting the negative terminal? Btw, extra battery may sound a pain but it would solve this concern I have that, for whatever reason, I don't see the car for a while and when I get back to it the batt is dead and I can't access it any longer.

And oh, as the car is in Italy, think more Romeo & Juliet

Originally Posted by JB in AR
I think I'll go out and hug my middle class garage this morning...
At least you have a garage you can hug at home... I've had to park my car 1000 miles from my home as I don't have one in London!!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Riccardog
At least you have a garage you can hug at home... I've had to park my car 1000 miles from my home as I don't have one in London!!
You might consider relocating to Arkansas, then. We have garages aplenty, lots of twisty (and well maintained) roads, no real traffic to speak of in the city or out in the country, no entry tax to get INTO the city, no toll roads, very reasonable cost of living, plenty of jokes to tell about where we live, low property taxes, four distinct seasons, no traffic cameras, no annual MOT, passibly good looking wimmen folk, AND we now have occasional electricity and indoor plumbing here.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Riccardog is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JB in AR
You might consider relocating to Arkansas, then. We have garages aplenty, lots of twisty (and well maintained) roads, no real traffic to speak of in the city or out in the country, no entry tax to get INTO the city, no toll roads, very reasonable cost of living, plenty of jokes to tell about where we live, low property taxes, four distinct seasons, no traffic cameras, no annual MOT, passibly good looking wimmen folk, AND we now have occasional electricity and indoor plumbing here.
Sounds my kind of place!! Where do I sign up? (You don't work for the AK board of tourism, do you?)

Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Banned
Sounds my kind of place!! Where do I sign up? (You don't work for the AK board of tourism, do you?)
Was it the "passibly attractive wimmen" or the "indoor plumbing" that most attracted ya?

Can't recall ever having been to Alaska...

(AR not AK. Even folks on this side of the pond mess it up.)

Seriously, come visit us, sometime, but avoid summer. That's the sucky part of the year here. Fall is the BEST!

Last edited by JB in AR; 11-15-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
What would be the difference between having a battery cutout switch and just disconnecting the negative terminal?

Don't need a wrench.

Btw, extra battery may sound a pain but it would solve this concern I have that, for whatever reason, I don't see the car for a while and when I get back to it the batt is dead and I can't access it any longer.

Not sure why a fully charged battery would die if disconnected but point well taken. Deep cycle AGM battery would solve that problem.

And oh, as the car is in Italy, think more Romeo & Juliet

Yeah, I figured that out after I finished my post. So now I'm seeing Gondolas and a wet dungeon 3 levels down. And that's despite the fact that Romeo and Juliet met in Verona.

Long way to go. Maybe you should get another Porsche ?