997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

HPDE Insurance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 03:00 PM
wishman is infamous around these parts
HPDE Insurance

Anyone have any recommendation for an insurance company where their standard policy includes coverage for HPDE?

I have State Farms and was covered previously for non-timed, track education events. But apparently for 2013, they are adding verbiage where these are no longer covered.

There will be no coverage for when a vehicle is "on a track designed primarily for racing or high-speed driving. This does not apply if the vehicle is being used in connection with an activity other than racing, high-speed driving, or any type of competitive driving".

Since an HPDE obviously includes high-speed driving, there would be no coverage.

I know there are some companies that offer HPDE insurance on a per event (or even multiple events). But these seem very expensive - quoted $400 per event for $70k in coverage.

Without having a standard insurance policy that includes HPDE, track days are going to be prohibitively expensive. Once you add in the cost of insurance, cost of the track day, brake/tire wear, and other costs, you are probably talking well over $1K per event to take your own car out for a day at the track.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
There has been a lot of talk about HPDE ins over on Rennlist.

A bunch have used these guys, to include me:

http://www.ontrackinsurance.com/index.aspx

Old 11-18-2012, 06:49 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Search for Leyland West insurance

Old 11-18-2012, 09:40 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Doc GTO
There has been a lot of talk about HPDE ins over on Rennlist. A bunch have used these guys, to include me:http://www.ontrackinsurance.com/index.aspx
So why not expand here (not Rennlist) and edify us all?

Old 11-19-2012, 11:45 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
i use lockton affinity/the one PCA partners with and do the multi-event. i've never had to cash in (and hope never to need to!) but i believe both policies were similar when i priced everything out.

i've heard good things about both re: payouts but have also seen some complaints so you should do your own research here and RList and form your own opinions. your biggest concerns are make sure a policy is agreed value, which both of them are, and of course always compare deductibles, etc - ontrack is "10% of vehicle value. (Minimum deductible $2,500); lockton is "5% ($1,500 min. and $5,000 max.)"

Old 11-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by denversteve
So why not expand here (not Rennlist) and edify us all?
LOL. I've used this company for the last 4 events and it is very easy with online sigh up and quotes, ect. You can have it all set up in 48 hours at the most.

At certain events, they even have a discount for PCA events if they are an event sponsor.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Keep in mind that you will have no liability.