997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

thumbs down for Suncoast parts dept

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Z00mie is infamous around these parts
Tough call both ways... I buy quite a few retail "mail order" parts from both SunCoast and Sonnen. I don't feel the slightest tinge of guilt for asking questions as they deal with my order or my car. On the other hand Henry and Ryan both from these two excellent organizations are always most willing to assist no matter what! If told they didn't have time for a non-purchase inquiry I probably wouldn't be upset, I would take note but not be upset. Every Porsche parts dept I've physically visited always seems undermanned and overtasked and usually are the nicest folks at the dealership despite all!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry buddy, but this is one of the most reputable best to deal with parts dept in the USA! So you give them Thumbs down because you are WASTING THEIR TIME in the WRONG Place- Give them Thumbs down, we give you FINGER UP!

People like this OP try to use forums as a means to bash companies for no reason! probably a NIGHTMARE CUSTOMER!

beat it kid!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
OP was probably going to call them, milk all the info he needs from them instead of searching google, then go order a non oem one thats cheaper!

Plus seems strange to tell them IM NOT BUYING FROM YOU...bet there is more to this story, probably OP was rude while talking with them!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
In my experience they are fantastic to deal with.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
I've bought many parts from them, always positive. They even made a return a super smooth no hassle experience. My experience with Suncoast is the complete opposite of the OP's post. They are a class act group and I will continue to do business with them.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:41 PM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Only dealt with them twice so far and both times they hit the ball out of the park! I will definitely continue buying from them.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:00 PM
JoeD911 has a spectacular aura aboutJoeD911 has a spectacular aura aboutJoeD911 has a spectacular aura about
Maybe you just happened to catch the rep on an off day or you were his third call in a row asking for information. It's a bit harsh to dump on a company over one inane interaction. Life's too short.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:05 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoeD911
Maybe you just happened to catch the rep on an off day or you were his third call in a row asking for information. It's a bit harsh to dump on a company over one inane interaction. Life's too short.
you are probably correct. I think the rule would be " Do a thousand jobs right, no issues. Do one wrong and the negative lingers".

Old 11-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Derek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tarek307
Sorry buddy, but this is one of the most reputable best to deal with parts dept in the USA! So you give them Thumbs down because you are WASTING THEIR TIME in the WRONG Place- Give them Thumbs down, we give you FINGER UP!

People like this OP try to use forums as a means to bash companies for no reason! probably a NIGHTMARE CUSTOMER!

beat it kid!
Tarek why are you so hostile? By acting this way you are not making me look bad, just making yourself look like an angry person.
I'm not slamming them. Just passing on my experience and my surprise about the situation. I was very polite and when he said that he wouldn't give me the frequency I said no problem. I have bought parts from them before.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:32 PM
144mph is infamous around these parts
I had a very good experience with Suncoast and will most certainly recommend them to others.

Disagree with OP's assessment.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:38 PM
DÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant future
Red face Why so angry

WASTING THEIR TIME in the WRONG Place- Give them Thumbs down, we give you FINGER UP!

beat it kid!
OP was probably going to call them, milk all the info he needs from them instead of searching google, then go order a non oem one thats cheaper!

Plus seems strange to tell them IM NOT BUYING FROM YOU...bet there is more to this story, probably OP was rude while talking with them!

Wow, so much hostility man, whats your problem? I doubt you were on the conference call with the OP, so your speculation about state of mind is just that.

With respect to Suncoast, I have spent nearly 20K in parts with them, including an X51 package, and if you are not buying from them they can be squirrely giving you part numbers (Porsche part numbers that is). I have had to email several times to get information from them and they are not forthcoming sometimes despite my being a repeat customer.

I agree with the general sentiment that if they prized good will they would give the requested information and not act like its some sort of state secret (we don't have many of those left these days anyway look at the CIA).

Last edited by DÜnkleblau S; 11-15-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:40 PM
artyve is infamous around these parts
I don't get why people even consider this a "grey area". Customer service is customer service, regardless of the customer's intent to purchase. Especially in this case, where the information being asked is easily acquired. Just answer the question! It will make the potential customer happy which potentially leads to sales. I think this is taught in business 101: making customers unhappy is a VERY BAD THING for business!!!

There's a reason why a lot big businesses in retail consider CUSTOMER SERVICE number 1.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:24 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
True story^^

Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Had many dealing with them. The have great customer service....more so than my local dealer!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Street racing is dangerous. Oops, wrong thread

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: thumbs down for Suncoast parts dept