997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

thumbs down for Suncoast parts dept

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 01:38 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Busy? Lol there not the oval office its a dealership how busy can they be lol luv ittt

Old 11-16-2012, 01:38 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Domer911
I have always found Ryan (Ric et al) very very helpful. As a retailer myself, I appreciate that there are two sides to every story, and I recognize that there are plenty of "customers" who are willing to take advantage of me at every turn. We have a name for them internally, and it's not "customers."
Once you start thinking about and talking about "real customers" as something other than customers.......I can guarantee you'll have less of them to worry about!

Tom

Old 11-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
This thread makes me want to order something from Suncoast. I think I will...

Old 11-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by artyve
I don't get why people even consider this a "grey area". Customer service is customer service, regardless of the customer's intent to purchase. Especially in this case, where the information being asked is easily acquired. Just answer the question! It will make the potential customer happy which potentially leads to sales. I think this is taught in business 101: making customers unhappy is a VERY BAD THING for business!!!

There's a reason why a lot big businesses in retail consider CUSTOMER SERVICE number 1.
Not saying anything about the OP here, just that in general:

Not always true. If you are in a business and a significant percentage of your calls are to dig up info and you're not getting any sales as a result you might want to stop with the info service.

Sometimes there is great benefit in avoiding a high-maintenance customer.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cerbomark
are you saying you can see everyones intent? (or do you assume?)..
Man, you read an awful lot into my one-sentence statement. First, of course not, it's impossible to "see" everyone's intent, if I understand you correctly. Secondly, whether or not the O.P.s "intent" was read correctly by the folks at Suncoast is irrelevant. The OP stated that he disclosed his intent out of the gate. Was he looking for charity--who the heck knows?

But to my first point, there are two sides to every story. Always. We just have one side here, and my VAST experience suggests that even that version is incomplete.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tommyv
Once you start thinking about and talking about "real customers" as something other than customers.......I can guarantee you'll have less of them to worry about!

Tom
I get your drift, but well, in a way you are wrong. You can assume a posture with customers, the appearance of which is that customers are always right, while at the same time protecting yourself and your business against the a-holes who are out to get something for nothing. Believe me, I've done it successfully for a very long time.

By the way, there's nothing more gratifying than to give something for nothing to somebody who's not expecting it. It's the people who telegraph their intent to get something for nothing that make your job a little more challenging.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:28 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Man, you read an awful lot into my one-sentence statement. First, of course not, it's impossible to "see" everyone's intent, if I understand you correctly. Secondly, whether or not the O.P.s "intent" was read correctly by the folks at Suncoast is irrelevant. The OP stated that he disclosed his intent out of the gate. Was he looking for charity--who the heck knows?

But to my first point, there are two sides to every story. Always. We just have one side here, and my VAST experience suggests that even that version is incomplete.
Yes, I m OK with your explaination. We are talking in such general statements. I should have resisted posting in this thread as there are too many variables to make a judgement on Suncoast or the OP. These post are seldom fruitful and I have no interest in making bad blood between anyone.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:34 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Still would like to know why OP didn't ask his local or selling dealer...then he could have praised (or bashed) Beverly Hills Porsche (or whomever).

Old 11-16-2012, 02:35 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
I get your drift, but well, in a way you are wrong. You can assume a posture with customers, the appearance of which is that customers are always right, while at the same time protecting yourself and your business against the a-holes who are out to get something for nothing. Believe me, I've done it successfully for a very long time.

By the way, there's nothing more gratifying than to give something for nothing to somebody who's not expecting it. It's the people who telegraph their intent to get something for nothing that make your job a little more challenging.
I can certainly see your point with further clarification......been there...done that!!!

I agree wholeheartedly with your latter point!

Thanks.

Tom

Old 11-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
I have purchased many parts from the Suncoast and those guys are great.
To my surprise, last time I called them to order manual trans fluid they were not sure what my 06 needed and told me to look it up in the manual ??? No such info.
Sunset was able to help me.

Again, Suncoast is very professional, have reasonable prices, I will give them business again anytime.

Last edited by Vladm; 11-17-2012 at 12:49 AM.