997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

thumbs down for Suncoast parts dept

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Derek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these parts
thumbs down for Suncoast parts dept

I thought Suncoast was more helpful as a resource to the Porsche community. I called the parts department to inquire about TPMS. I told them I may not buy the part, but wanted to know that frequency my car was using. The person in the parts department told me they will not tell me the frequency of the sensor if I don't purchase it from them.
I realized if you don't spend your money there they are not too helpful.
Maybe I was expecting too much, they would have had to type in my vin and thats 17 keystrokes

Old 11-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
433 MHz for a Porsche. 315Mhz for your MBZ.

Last edited by Dadio; 11-15-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:27 PM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
so you're bashing a company for not giving you information that you could find out from a quick google search?

http://bit.ly/T3NJHG

Old 11-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Derek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by killacam
so you're bashing a company for not giving you information that you could find out from a quick google search?

http://bit.ly/T3NJHG
Not bashing, thought it was quite odd that if it was that simple they could just tell me, istead of telling me I have to purchase it first.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Dadio
433 MHz for a Porsche. 315Mhz for your MBZ.
I thought for the 997 it could be wither 315 or 433 depending on the vin of the car

Old 11-15-2012, 01:38 PM
sixgun95 is infamous around these parts
You wasted their time, retail is not an info business. I would of likely given you the same treatment.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Wanderingwheelz is infamous around these parts
I own retail companies and this is a gray area. I am left wondering why you even mentioned to them that you wouldn't be buying from them. Seems odd to say that when you're expecting them to offer you a service.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:09 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Derek
I thought Suncoast was more helpful as a resource to the Porsche community. I called the parts department to inquire about TPMS. I told them I may not buy the part, but wanted to know that frequency my car was using. The person in the parts department told me they will not tell me the frequency of the sensor if I don't purchase it from them.
I realized if you don't spend your money there they are not too helpful.
Maybe I was expecting too much, they would have had to type in my vin and thats 17 keystrokes
Call your local dealer and ask the same question and see what happens. If Suncoast answered with the frequency, what was going to be your next question? Your question should have been what's the part number I need based on my VIN - there are multiple part numbers with 433mhz frequency.

Last edited by jhbrennan; 11-15-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderingwheelz
I own retail companies and this is a gray area. I am left wondering why you even mentioned to them that you wouldn't be buying from them. Seems odd to say that when you're expecting them to offer you a service.
I said that I may not buy it from them, I still might. Just wanted to be honest. The point is that it is not a big inconvenience for them to tell me the frequency. That simple good will could go a long way. You should know since you are in retail.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
If I was the parts guy, I would have told you the answer (if I knew it) and then asked, "How many of these would you like today and how would you like to pay?"

The parts guy may have been towing the line on company policy made above his pay grade, and the reason just may be that paying customers couldn't get through, because the lines were tied up on people seeking free advice.

Still, no reason at all to give a public "thumbs down" on a forum for not getting free service/advice. Makes YOU look bad, not Suncoast.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:30 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Just answer the question whats the diffrence wow. Hes not going to drop dead for telling him. Retarded. He drives a porsche. Hes not asking info for a Honda. Whats wrong with people these days. Zero respect!

Old 11-15-2012, 02:33 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Wanderingwheelz
I said that I may not buy it from them, I still might. Just wanted to be honest. The point is that it is not a big inconvenience for them to tell me the frequency. That simple good will could go a long way. You should know since you are in retail.
Btw simple good will does go a long way. Any smart business man knows

Old 11-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
I thought for the 997 it could be wither 315 or 433 depending on the vin of the car
Frequency for Porsche TPMS sensors is 433 MHz for all vehicles at least as far back as 2006. Part numbers may be different but the frequency is always the same. Not sure what the differences may be between one part number and another but frequency doesn't change.
As for Suncoasts response, am more than a little surprised by it as my experience with them has been nothing but positive. The answer would have been simple for the CSR to find out and He/She gained nothing by holding back the information. You can only make a first impression once.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:45 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
why don't you just call them when u r actually ready to order ?

or did u just wanna use them to find out the info u need ?

Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 PM
DOOBEE is infamous around these partsDOOBEE is infamous around these parts
I sent an inquiry to them today via email and got a prompt response on some custom order parts. I'd say they were very good. Much better than my local dealer so far.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: thumbs down for Suncoast parts dept