997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Gotta give up the GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 06:29 AM
jordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant future
Gotta give up the GTS

Unfortunately, due to a change in my employment I've got to give up my 2012 C4 GTS. If any of you guys know anyone looking to take over a lease ($1,320/mo) on an amazing car, it's on leasetrader....

http://www.leasetrader.com/2012_Pors...S_183856.xhtml

Last edited by jordanpryce; 11-18-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:38 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
PM sent.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:16 AM
jordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant future
Photos...

Old 11-18-2012, 09:40 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful car. Too bad (for me) that it's a lease. Not a bad monthly. What is it a 10-year lease?

Old 11-18-2012, 10:02 AM
LagunaDallas is infamous around these parts
That is a fantastic deal. I originally leased mine, and my payment was slightly more based on a selling price of $91K ($20K off of a $111K sticker) vs. your higher MSRP. For someone who doesn't need a ton of mileage, this is a deal to jump on. Gorgeous car.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:05 AM
ELUSIVE is infamous around these partsELUSIVE is infamous around these parts
What's up with your license plate brackets?
The both look really strange.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by denversteve
Beautiful car. Too bad (for me) that it's a lease. Not a bad monthly. What is it a 10-year lease?
Steve, Not sure what you mean about a 10 year lease. Mine has 16mos left on it. You could also purchase it outright, I'd have to see what the payoff is. I know the residual at lease end is $83,569. I think it totally pays to finish off the lease and then refi. I got a smoking deal due to my history with the dealership.

Last edited by jordanpryce; 12-30-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
What's up with your license plate brackets?
The both look really strange.
They are parking bumpers. The front is from bumpshox and the rear from 4bumperz. Great for piece of mind in NYC, although I rarely park on the street. They will be removed when I give up the car, and cause 0 damage.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
Who owns the lease? I hope it's not PFS. If it is, transferring a lease is something you don't want to do. PFS will not take your name off a lease that is transferred and will hold you liable (as co-lessee) if the party you transfer the lease to defaults or comes up short in any way. Read your contract very carefully, make that very, very carefully because other lease providers may have similarly restrictive language - although probably not as draconian as PFS. I've been down this road before and, if you are able, the best way to handle a transfer is to buy the car and then "sell" it to whoever agreed to the transaction, thus letting the buyer arrange his/her own financing and relieving you of any potential liability. But if this isn't possible, make sure you really understand what your liability is on a lease transfer because at the end of the lease I'm sure you don't want the lessor potentially coming after you!

Best of luck!!!

Old 11-18-2012, 11:51 AM
winetaster is infamous around these parts
Excellent advise Tcc1999!
Very nice car... practically brand new.... Jordan I wished your good luck!!!!

Old 11-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Yeah PFS really needs to revise their policy. I figure anyone who can get approved is likely to want to ruin their credit over it. Also a reason I prefer to find the buyer in the community.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 AM
DallasDave is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jordanpryce
Unfortunately, due to a change in my employment...
Sorry to hear... Wish you the best!!

You'll be back!

Dave

Old 11-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jordanpryce
Yeah PFS really needs to revise their policy. I figure anyone who can get approved is likely to want to ruin their credit over it. Also a reason I prefer to find the buyer in the community.
I had this exact same thought - and then my wife smacked me in the head! Seriously, I was fortunate enough to be able to buy out my lease (then sell the car so it was only for about three days that I actually owned it before I got all my money back from the sale). If you don't have this opportunity and are dealing with PFS try to determine the terms under which PFS would approve the person you are adding to your lease (by PFS terms you are not transferring but adding another lessee). At any rate, PFS has a tiered system for leases. Say your FICO scores are 790-810. I think that anything above 750 qualifies for top tier. But that doesn't mean if your not top tier you wouldn't qualify for a lease - just terms that were less favorable. My point is that if you are going to risk a co-lease situation based on the assumption that a person may not want to ruin their credit, then it might be wise to make sure that their credit is pretty good in the first place. For all I know, PFS may even have a different standard for an added lessee and use your good credit rating as the basis. I don't know if this is the case but it might be good information to have in hand.

Sorry to ramble on, again, I do wish you good luck!

Old 11-18-2012, 03:36 PM
LagunaDallas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tcc1999
Who owns the lease? I hope it's not PFS. If it is, transferring a lease is something you don't want to do. PFS will not take your name off a lease that is transferred and will hold you liable (as co-lessee) if the party you transfer the lease to defaults or comes up short in any way. Read your contract very carefully, make that very, very carefully because other lease providers may have similarly restrictive language - although probably not as draconian as PFS.
I put my car on LeaseTrader & Swapalease about 8 months after I leased it new (October 2009). I had the same concerns about still being stuck on the PFS contract, and my best advice is to try to find someone local. I had 5 people seriously interested in the car right off the bat, all scattered across the country, but fortunately one of them lived only a mile away from me. I was able to meet him and his wife at their (very nice) house, recognized his business by name, was able to review his extremely strong application, and found out that we had a couple of mutual friends. Although a default can happen with anyone, I felt like the chance here was basically zero and I had solid peace of mind about moving forward with it. I occasionally saw the car around the neighborhood and even kept the wallet key in the remote chance that I needed to take on repo duties (!).

In a random turn of events a couple of months ago at the end of the lease, the fact that my name was still on the lease ended up being a big bonus. The residual was about $15K below market value, this couple didn't want to buy the car (they replaced it with a new 991 Cabrio), and I had the opportunity to purchase the car at the incredibly good price because my name was still on the contract. I know that's an unusual situation, but being able to meet the people taking over the lease and keeping in touch with them vs. just shipping it out to a stranger made all the difference. I hope it all works out well for you!

Old 11-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks guys, It's a tough car to give up. Especially since i"m not as fond of the 991. I'm hoping the new Cayman is amazing since I'm very likely to be back in a Porsche soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gotta give up the GTS