997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Problems on the way home today....help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Maybe it's mononucleosis...

Old 11-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Have not let it drink from water fountains nor lick door *****.

They said the battery is weak so far. Forgot to ask if its the original.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Update. The only thing they found wrong was that the battery is almost dead. It's the original.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:53 PM
kiddoutlaw is infamous around these parts
Good, except for that battery price tag.....keep us posted.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:50 PM
MBH
MBH has a spectacular aura aboutMBH has a spectacular aura about
Glad to hear it wasn't anything mechanical. Aside from the gut wrenching feeling, you made out pretty well on this!
Originally Posted by kiddoutlaw
Good, except for that battery price tag.....keep us posted.
peanuts compared to IMS failure...

Old 11-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Yes I am very relieved. That's probably why I gave then the nod on the battery replacement. I was expecting heart failure or roof jumping. Also have established a relationship with a shop who understands hysterical car owners like me.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:59 PM
MBH
Yeah, I can kinda catch the vibe that you're pretty high strung. If they treat you well, and you trust them - don't burn that bridge

Old 11-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
EXACTLY!! All this ims bull**** and panic for nothing lol

Old 11-29-2012, 02:02 PM
They were actually great. And the juice from the battery was low so it was caught early. They showed me some rubber bushing that are starting to crack and said they could wait for awhile. So all in all a good day for me. Thanks all you folks for tolerating me!!

Old 11-29-2012, 02:04 PM
MBH
Originally Posted by Tarek307
How slim were the odds for the powerball and how many people bought tickets? Human nature to blow the chances XYZ happening to you out of proportion (or not happening)

Old 11-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Occam's Razor proves true yet again.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:11 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tarek307
You had the answer all along....who knew?

Tom

Old 11-29-2012, 08:28 PM
kiddoutlaw is infamous around these parts
Glad it wasn't anything Major......I would be the same as you, think the worst.....We did have an IMS failure on the forum yesterday, low mileage car......Good thing he has an aftermarket warranty.......

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-failure.html

Old 11-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Well, so whats the answer to the bucking? Bad gas?

Nothing showed up at the dealer... but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem.. only they didn't find anything broken.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:46 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kiddoutlaw
Glad it wasn't anything Major......I would be the same as you, think the worst.....We did have an IMS failure on the forum yesterday,...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-failure.html
Actually, we did not. That's how these rumors start. We had someone who has a problem with his car and no diagnosis yet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Problems on the way home today....help