997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Member: Targa+ HRE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 05:35 AM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for all the comments guys......
I do not plan on lowering my car, just wouldn't feel right to me.....

the Targa is so much fun to drive in comparison to my other cars

Old 12-07-2012, 10:33 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Rotes

my collection
Sweet cars! Is that E class vinyl wrapped? Love those CLS's as well!

Old 12-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by socialpro
Sweet cars! Is that E class vinyl wrapped? Love those CLS's as well!
Thank you brother,yes, that's my e550 4matic wrapped in a flat orange LOL.....was just for fun and for helloween haha.....
CLS is a pure animal even at stock settings.....550 hp 591 lbs of tq......
Still love my Targa though!
thanx for the comment brother

Old 12-08-2012, 08:48 AM
LagunaDallas is infamous around these parts
Nice threesome there! I've always loved the Targas. That orange wrap is fantastic, and you just can't beat the CLS63. My '12 CLS550 is a beast, and that extra 150hp in the AMG is complete insanity. It is easily the best 4-door vehicle I have ever owned. Congrats!

Old 12-08-2012, 09:02 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Someone just loves german cars.

Congrats on the new 911. Nice wheels. Too bad you're not lowering it. That wheel gap is too noticeable on a sport car. But do your thing.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by LagunaDallas
Nice threesome there! I've always loved the Targas. That orange wrap is fantastic, and you just can't beat the CLS63. My '12 CLS550 is a beast, and that extra 150hp in the AMG is complete insanity. It is easily the best 4-door vehicle I have ever owned. Congrats!
thanx, I tested a cls550, but already have a 550 and needed that P30 too haha.....
it's so much fun, but the Targa is so much more involved!
Originally Posted by ice350
Someone just loves german cars.

Congrats on the new 911. Nice wheels. Too bad you're not lowering it. That wheel gap is too noticeable on a sport car. But do your thing.
true enough, big wheel gap.....but it bothers me not..........and only every other 20 dudes will say that too........haha,

thanx for the comments fellas

Old 12-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Banned
Talking

Old 12-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Banned
some more eye candy

Old 12-08-2012, 09:03 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
I really liked my Targa and the hatch was very useful. Great looking cars.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
some more eye candy

BEAUTIFUL! Very tastefully modded!!!

Old 12-21-2012, 05:44 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Tarek307
BEAUTIFUL! Very tastefully modded!!!
you do know I am Rotes from the other forum that tried to run me off??
yourself included......

thanx for the comment anyway, that's an old picture and looks nothing like that anymore....

Old 12-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Volnomad is infamous around these parts
Dang Rotes, you're giving me an inferiority complex. What a garage! Curious, how do you decide which of those sweet rides to drive when you are walking out the door? When you reach for a key, what is on your mind??

Old 12-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
you do know I am Rotes from the other forum that tried to run me off??
yourself included......

thanx for the comment anyway, that's an old picture and looks nothing like that anymore....
yup RTFM :rtfm:

ps: whats up with the Aluminum siding you have around the windows on the 911 ? was that an option or did you install yourself?

Old 12-22-2012, 05:34 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Do you know for sure that the suspension on the Targa4s is any different than a C4S? I don't think so. The weight difference is so small - within variations in driver sizes. I seem to recall that the proper Bilstein Damptronic coilovers are the same for both Targa 4S and C4S.
Ken - Check out the comments from the Porsche engineer in the link:

http://www.edmunds.com/porsche/911/2007/road-test.html

In summary, 10% difference in spring rate, different rear stabilizer bar, bumper stops and a revised PASM.

That said, I did some suspension mods to mine (LCA's, stiffer bars front and rear, but no lowering or change in springs/shocks) and the results were fine... but I was tracking the car and was having issues with corded tires from too much roll and not enough camber.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Volnomad
Dang Rotes, you're giving me an inferiority complex. What a garage! Curious, how do you decide which of those sweet rides to drive when you are walking out the door? When you reach for a key, what is on your mind??
many thanx my NC brother....
550 is a daily driver, and the Targa also gets some daily action....sometimes sits for a couple of days......and of course
I reserve my AMG for the weekends......when my other cars sit
for two days
I've had the CLS since March of this year and have already put over
10K on it.......it's so much fun to drive a car with that much power
and luxury at the same time.....I don't use the nav or any of the nanny crap....just the engine and my CD's.....
it's got the P30 which gets you 550hp and 591tq and that's stock
stay well!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Member: Targa+ HRE