997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New Member: Targa+ HRE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation New Member: Targa+ HRE

Hello....

Wanted to share some pix of my new ride: had it about a month.....
2007 Targa 4S in Guards Red with P47SC wheels by HRE in 19.
Black leather, black mats w/ lettering, heated seats, powerseat pack,
self dimming mirrors, Bose Sound, Sport Chrono Pack and NAV for PCM.
It had 30,001 when I brought it home....and I have about 1000 on the clock myself.....an excellent car for driving!

these Turbo wheels came with the car....and are nice indeed! just needed a
change!

thanx for looking

Old 12-05-2012, 08:43 AM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Very nice, congratulations. I did not realize that targa's hatch-back opens like that. Is it useful for anything?

Old 12-05-2012, 09:22 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! My cars twin!! Congratulations!!

Yes the hatch is great for groceries and holds six packs perfectly!

Old 12-05-2012, 09:58 AM
subparrnd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by krysFly
Very nice, congratulations. I did not realize that targa's hatch-back opens like that. Is it useful for anything?
I also have a 2007 T4S and the hatch is great for my golf clubs!

Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 AM
wseikow is infamous around these parts
Rear hatch is usefull , just make sure not wearing belt or have anything metallic [ ie jacket zipper] that can potentially cause you to ruin your day.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by krysFly
thank you! yes, it opens, but I have not used it for anything....
it's a third car only meant for fun
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
Awesome! My cars twin!! Congratulations!!

Yes the hatch is great for groceries and holds six packs perfectly!
haha, nice to know there are more!
thanks for the comment
Originally Posted by subparrnd
I also have a 2007 T4S and the hatch is great for my golf clubs!
that's awesome, don't play golf, but it's good to know it's being utilized

couple more shots

Old 12-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Rotes Congrats on your purchase !! That's a great looking Targa 4S and looks really clean. Is this your first Porsche then ? I would also consider a set of H&R Sport Springs to lower the car 1.2". Enjoy on keep us posted

Old 12-06-2012, 05:57 AM
Banned

Old 12-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Banned

my collection

Old 12-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
Noticed the fan/temp ***** on your A/C control unit are worn. Unfortunately you cannot buy just the plastic *****. You either have to disassemble and refurb the current ones or replace the whole unit. Whatever you do, do not use a black Sharpie for a temp fix - the ink shows a purple tint.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:23 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
very nice looking cars.... I just got out of my10 E550.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Wow all those cars you must be rich. I never even was aware that late model cars were offered in a Targa. Learn something new everyday. Welcome and thanks for sharing that fine car.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:45 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Rotes Congrats on your purchase !! That's a great looking Targa 4S and looks really clean. Is this your first Porsche then ? I would also consider a set of H&R Sport Springs to lower the car 1.2". Enjoy on keep us posted
I agree. The Targas look even better when lowered, even just 3/4". Enjoy the car. Loved my Targa when I had it. But love the cab just a little more. Wish I could have one of each!

Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Love the Targa so much... I miss mine. Had the same Turbo I wheels. Wish all 911's had that hatch. IMO it's super-useful and doesn't detract from the sportiness at all (if you disagree, just pretend it's not there
I personally wouldn't mess with the springs on any 997 but on a Targa you have the added complication that they are properly tuned from Porsche to support that heavy roof.
BTW if you ever get squeaking in the cold (very common to 997 Targas) then check out past threads on McLube spray -- it works wonders.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:22 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KonaKai
Love the Targa so much... I miss mine. Had the same Turbo I wheels. Wish all 911's had that hatch. IMO it's super-useful and doesn't detract from the sportiness at all (if you disagree, just pretend it's not there
I personally wouldn't mess with the springs on any 997 but on a Targa you have the added complication that they are properly tuned from Porsche to support that heavy roof.
BTW if you ever get squeaking in the cold (very common to 997 Targas) then check out past threads on McLube spray -- it works wonders.
Do you know for sure that the suspension on the Targa4s is any different than a C4S? I don't think so. The weight difference is so small - within variations in driver sizes. I seem to recall that the proper Bilstein Damptronic coilovers are the same for both Targa 4S and C4S.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Member: Targa+ HRE