997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My collection of Porsche Drawings.......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 01:32 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by malaydude
Your welcome, I have to say your nephew is pretty damn lucky to have an uncle like you. I'm pretty sure everyone has heard this before, but we should always cherish our relationships with our friends and family. Its not something to take for granted, and I'm pretty sure we've all seen how easy it can be taken away.
Here he is in his element:

Not so many years ago I could dominate him on the court....sadly those days are past! I feel lucky too!

All the best,

Tom

Old 12-15-2012, 01:40 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Haha, thanks for the hint.
Why is that so? Are the two words really that different. I probably should have paid more attention in english class instead of doodling all the time
It's just a professional working term these days. When we need someone to "draw" something, we hire illustrators. Keep on doodling, it can definitely pay off. You're setting yourself up for a great career in Industrial design or transportation design. Check out the Art Center College of design online.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:41 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
I've watched the videos now several times and I'm just so impressed with your drawing skills. Excellent work!

Old 12-15-2012, 01:52 PM
malaydude is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sizquik
It's just a professional working term these days. When we need someone to "draw" something, we hire illustrators. Keep on doodling, it can definitely pay off. You're setting yourself up for a great career in Industrial design or transportation design. Check out the Art Center College of design online.
I see, just a more professional term for drawing.

Everyone says I should design cars when I'm older or work for a car magazine. It's kind of weird though because whenever an adult asks me what I want to do, I just say doctor of some sort. Honestly, I have no idea what I want to do when I'm older.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
It's kind of weird though because whenever an adult asks me what I want to do, I just say doctor of some sort. Honestly, I have no idea what I want to do when I'm older.
If you find a way to turn your passions into a career, you're way ahead of most. Best of luck.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:58 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Amin....maybe in a few years you can go to work for Porsche and design a successor to the 991 that looks more like a 911!

Tom

Old 12-15-2012, 02:00 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tommyv
Here he is in his element:

Not so many years ago I could dominate him on the court....sadly those days are past! I feel lucky too!

All the best,

Tom
Hey, I ll be in your neck of the woods in Dec and will take you on at Bogota or Fairlawn indoors... I play often in those loactions!!!
Mark

Not to hi jack here,,, How long do those take to complete? Mark

Last edited by cerbomark; 12-15-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Mark,

I'll do it....I'm around these parts until mid-January when I head south!

As long as you're O.K. with some light hitting! I tore my meniscus about a year and a half ago and it feels great! I've been wanting to hit the ball a little but my nephew is in Florida so I haven't been able to line anything up.

Get an hour indoors in one of those clubs and we'll hit........and I'll test the knee a little....sounds like fun!

Tom

Old 12-16-2012, 05:01 AM
Mark,

I didn't see your question at the end. Amin told me that
mine took 15 hours to finish.

Tom

Old 12-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Sorry got a little busy yesterday, Yeah these drawings can take from 10-15 hours, but it takes me about 2-3 weeks to get them done.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by tommyv
Amin....maybe in a few years you can go to work for Porsche and design a successor to the 991 that looks more like a 911!

Tom
That would be an awesome job. Its so cool to watch some of the car development videos such as the new one, Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo