997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New to Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 05:22 PM
neos281 has a spectacular aura aboutneos281 has a spectacular aura about
Porsche 911 Carrera

Well guys, I picked her up today and boy was it exciting. The salespeople over at Park Place Porsche are topnotch! They picked me up and took me to the dealership where the car was parked out front lookin' hott!

Here she is with PASM, Sport Chrono, and 19's!

Just in time for a nice sunny weekend here in DFW!

Old 12-28-2012, 05:41 PM
RogueNinja has a spectacular aura aboutRogueNinja has a spectacular aura about
Congrats. Nice color

Old 12-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Volnomad is infamous around these parts
Welcome and congratulations! Guards Red is a great classic color.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:20 PM
speedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the rough
Welcome and congrats, is your car 6sp? If so I think an oem short shift kit is a great mod to do, makes Tre drive even more enjoyable.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:34 PM
GU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really nice
Those 295s look great! Way better than the OEM 18" 265s!

Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 AM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by neos281
Well guys, I picked her up today and boy was it exciting. The salespeople over at Park Place Porsche are topnotch! They picked me up and took me to the dealership where the car was parked out front lookin' hott!

Here she is with PASM, Sport Chrono, and 19's!

looks really nice!
the spoiler is up though!

some 305's would be looking really nice back there, that tint looks great!
makes me want some

Last edited by Rotes; 12-29-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:36 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Looks like a new car !! Good luck.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by RogueNinja
Congrats. Nice color
Thank ya

Originally Posted by Volnomad
Welcome and congratulations! Guards Red is a great classic color.
Agree sir. Thanks for the welcome!

Originally Posted by speedphreek
Welcome and congrats, is your car 6sp? If so I think an oem short shift kit is a great mod to do, makes Tre drive even more enjoyable.
Yessir! I'll check it out....Thanks
Originally Posted by GU10TG
Those 295s look great! Way better than the OEM 18" 265s!
Agree! Thanks

Originally Posted by Rotes
looks really nice!
the spoiler is up though!

some 305's would be looking really nice back there, that tint looks great!
makes me want some
haha, yea that was the first thing I noticed when I pulled in. Thanks for the compliment!

Originally Posted by cerbomark
Looks like a new car !! Good luck.
Thanks man!

Old 12-29-2012, 09:07 AM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, I agree. Actually to my car from FTW to big D for the Mav game last night - i don't mind that ride when I'm driving :-)

Time for a hand car wash this AM..

Send me a PM and we can get together and kick tires.. Love the color!

Old 12-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by saabin
Yep, I agree. Actually to my car from FTW to big D for the Mav game last night - i don't mind that ride when I'm driving :-)

Time for a hand car wash this AM..

Send me a PM and we can get together and kick tires.. Love the color!
Hey Matt - tried to PM ya but I haven't made my 15 post quota yet (still working on it). Did you do the handwash this morning in the cold?

Old 12-29-2012, 05:38 PM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Matt - tried to PM ya but I haven't made my 15 post quota yet (still working on it). Did you do the handwash this morning in the cold?
Doh, forgot about that requirement. 1 more to go

Actually ended up washing it this afternoon instead - the sun was out so it made a nice diversion from runing errands today..

Have you taken your new car on a long drive yet?

Old 12-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great! Highly recommend a clear mask if there's not one already. Otherwise you'll really get annoyed with the stone chips on your pretty bonnet and bumper cover as they collect. My first 997 was Guards Red and I didn't have a clear bra. Big regret. Sorry if a repeat of another input as I didn't read through them all.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:40 AM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
I hope you got a good deal from them. When I started my search, there was a car at park place that I was interested in and they were nothing but dicks to me and wouldn't budge on price. I'm glad because I found a much better car for slightly more money.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by saabin
Doh, forgot about that requirement. 1 more to go

Actually ended up washing it this afternoon instead - the sun was out so it made a nice diversion from runing errands today..

Have you taken your new car on a long drive yet?
Finally, post 15 right here. I did get to drive to my parents yesterday which is in Forney (near Rockwall Heath). It was a nice 30-35 min drive from Dallas.

Originally Posted by Steve997S
Looks great! Highly recommend a clear mask if there's not one already. Otherwise you'll really get annoyed with the stone chips on your pretty bonnet and bumper cover as they collect. My first 997 was Guards Red and I didn't have a clear bra. Big regret. Sorry if a repeat of another input as I didn't read through them all.
I completely agree. Luckily my car came with one . No rock chips here and thanks for the input!

Originally Posted by hakaida
I hope you got a good deal from them. When I started my search, there was a car at park place that I was interested in and they were nothing but dicks to me and wouldn't budge on price. I'm glad because I found a much better car for slightly more money.
Yeah, the deal at Park Place met all of my desires for my first Porsche and I plan to continue doing business with them.

The Pcar in your sig/avatar looks excellent btw!

Last edited by neos281; 01-09-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
neos281 That's pretttttty Enjoy and eat some Joe T's for me !!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to Porsche