997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New to Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 AM
LagunaDallas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by neos281
Yeah, the deal at Park Place met all of my desires for my first Porsche and I plan to continue doing business with them. I wouldn't mind later adding a 993 and Cayenne.
Great to hear, and congrats!! I bought mine from Boardwalk and was very happy with the purchase and their service department, but they just sold to AutoNation, so I'm not too confident about their future. Park Place is 1 mile from my house, so I think I will go there next time for service. Enjoy your car!!

Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 AM
neos281 has a spectacular aura aboutneos281 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
neos281 That's pretttttty Enjoy and eat some Joe T's for me !!
Thanks bud! I haven't been to Joe T's in a few years but plan to visit them soon.

Originally Posted by LagunaDallas
Great to hear, and congrats!! I bought mine from Boardwalk and was very happy with the purchase and their service department, but they just sold to AutoNation, so I'm not too confident about their future. Park Place is 1 mile from my house, so I think I will go there next time for service. Enjoy your car!!
Thanks Laguna - I had some friends that worked at Boardwalk where I purchased my GT500 and I believe they left due to the Autonation deal. We must be near each other as PP is about 3-4 miles away from me (I'm on University). You ever attend Cars and Coffee Dallas?

Old 01-02-2013, 12:18 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Congrats on the car and I agree that Park Place is the best. All my service is done there and I purchased from them as well. Maybe I will see you at a PCA event.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:58 PM
LagunaDallas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by neos281
Thanks Laguna - I had some friends that worked at Boardwalk where I purchased my GT500 and I believe they left due to the Autonation deal. We must be near each other as PP is about 3-4 miles away from me (I'm on University). You ever attend Cars and Coffee Dallas?
I haven't been to the Cars & Coffee in Dallas yet, but will need to get that on the to-do list. I'm in West HP near the Tollway & Beverly. I'll keep an eye out for you!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by ScooterP
Congrats on the car and I agree that Park Place is the best. All my service is done there and I purchased from them as well. Maybe I will see you at a PCA event.
Hey Scooter - I'm thinking of attending the new member event on the 24th (guess we'll see). Love the GT3 btw!

Originally Posted by LagunaDallas
I haven't been to the Cars & Coffee in Dallas yet, but will need to get that on the to-do list. I'm in West HP near the Tollway & Beverly. I'll keep an eye out for you!
Oh ok, near SMU here. Definitely go and check out C&C when you find time.

Last edited by neos281; 01-09-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 AM
I don't normally resurrect old threads (even welcome threads) but I figured these were some decent photo's of the 911. Enjoy!

997 l Guards Red l Power Seat Package l Bi-Xenon Package l Heated Seats l 19" Carrera Classic 235/295 l PASM l Sport Chrono Plus l Navigation l Bose l Clear Bra

Attached Images    
Old 02-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Volnomad is infamous around these parts
No need to apologize. We never get tired of seeing beautiful 911s.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
+1 It looks like it was a great turnout, that last picture is amazing !!

Old 02-05-2013, 08:08 AM
raspritz is infamous around these partsraspritz is infamous around these parts
Congratulations on the purchase. For now, put your money into a helmet and DEs and skip the mods.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Volnomad
haha, thanks man. Btw, what color is your 911?

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
+1 It looks like it was a great turnout, that last picture is amazing !!
I forgot to mention that this was at Cars and Coffee. Thanks for the compliment.

Originally Posted by raspritz
Congratulations on the purchase. For now, put your money into a helmet and DEs and skip the mods.
Thanks. I am planning on signing up for a few DE events thru PCA soon. Thats a good shot of the car in your avatar btw.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Volnomad is infamous around these parts
My 911 is Murano Green. It's a paint to sample, non-metallic color. The original Murano Green color was standard in 1989-1990 (color code L22C). Looks blue in bright light, more green in the shade.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:30 PM
firstmovado2013 is infamous around these partsfirstmovado2013 is infamous around these parts
Congrats and love the color!!! You got to check out Fabspeed Maxflow Mufflers on youtube. I only have Maxflow Mufflers and now enjoy driving with the radio off most of the time. Gundo sounds too farty for me but everyone's taste is different. Lower it with Eibach or H&Rs no need to do full susp. Upgrade ie coilovers unless you are planing to get some track time. Then get some 19' wheels ie Avante Garde Rugger Mesh would look stunning. I can get them shipped to your house for $1480 out the door price if you're interested. Go to Avante Garde's website and check them out. Just like you i like ti keep it low key with the mods but so far its pretty darn addictive though. My next mod will be ECU tune but can't decide if i should go with ETG or Softronic. Anyways enjoy your cool *** ride!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 AM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry I missed it but I hope to make the next one.. The weather was nice for a C&C

Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 AM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats and welcome. Gap delete especially if it's a standard Carrera. Many go with springs alone, especially if low mileage while others go coil overs.

+ joining PCA

Old 02-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Originally Posted by firstmovado2013
Congrats and love the color!!! You got to check out Fabspeed Maxflow Mufflers on youtube. I only have Maxflow Mufflers and now enjoy driving with the radio off most of the time. Gundo sounds too farty for me but everyone's taste is different. Lower it with Eibach or H&Rs no need to do full susp. Upgrade ie coilovers unless you are planing to get some track time. Then get some 19' wheels ie Avante Garde Rugger Mesh would look stunning. I can get them shipped to your house for $1480 out the door price if you're interested. Go to Avante Garde's website and check them out. Just like you i like ti keep it low key with the mods but so far its pretty darn addictive though. My next mod will be ECU tune but can't decide if i should go with ETG or Softronic. Anyways enjoy your cool *** ride!
Hey firstmovado! Thanks for the compliment. I think for now I have probably decided against any exhaust mod unless it comes in the form of PSE but I will say that the Rugger Mesh wheels have caught my eye from time-to-time and the price you mentioned sounds like a steal. I will let you know if I decide to go that route. So far, my car came exactly as I intended. The car in your avatar looks great btw!

Originally Posted by saabin
Sorry I missed it but I hope to make the next one.. The weather was nice for a C&C
No worries man..I will actually be down in Austin that weekend for the Grand-Am series. Maybe I'll see ya at a PCA event soon...I think RUF will be starting their monthly meets in March.

Originally Posted by gonz996
Congrats and welcome. Gap delete especially if it's a standard Carrera. Many go with springs alone, especially if low mileage while others go coil overs.

+ joining PCA
Thanks for the welcome. What is a Gap delete? I assume its referencing the lowering of the car (and if so, what effect does that have on PASM). Thus far I have 21,700 miles on the odo.

+1 on PCA and loving it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to Porsche