997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The school bus driver's first 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM
rightfootdown is infamous around these parts
Very nice story as well. As I don't own one YET, I am doing my research onto which model I will choose. Most likely the 997, it's threads like this that really make me smile. Thanx again, Mike

Old 12-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Wow awesome story. Beautiful wife, kids, and car!

Old 12-30-2012, 10:36 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Awesome! Congrats and welcome.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 PM
sqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rotes
holy nuts what an amazing post!!!!!
and a TARGA too!!!!!!!

very nice work!
Originally Posted by seapar
Very nice story. Thanks for sharing. Her improv in the commercial was real cool.
Originally Posted by neos281
WoW! Thanks for sharing! A great way to start of my sunday.
Originally Posted by FlaHeel
Awesome! Congrats and welcome.
Glad you enjoyed it and thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Originally Posted by dethman
nice story. haha in that picture of you and your wife with the new targa is the guy in the back already taking the plates off your boxster?
Haha, he is actually removing a license plate frame at our request. They move fast, but not quite that fast

Originally Posted by rightfootdown
Very nice story as well. As I don't own one YET, I am doing my research onto which model I will choose. Most likely the 997, it's threads like this that really make me smile. Thanx again, Mike
Glad it was worth a smile. The 997 is a really great platform, but if we've learned in anything in the last 5 years it's that there is no such thing as a bad Porsche. Stripped down to nothing or fully loaded, they're a truly amazing car. Good luck in your search and be sure to post your own thread when you get your own!

Originally Posted by FNG
Wow awesome story. Beautiful wife, kids, and car!
Thanks, but those aren't our kids! Our 3 kids are the 4 legged furry variety.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:52 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sqweak
We have long standing relationships there with Jay Huffschmidt and Isaac Feldman. We also worked with Jeff Lamont as our sales manager to finish out the deal. All were fantastic, I can't recommend those guys enough. As I said in your thread, thanks again for the heads up on Exclusive Option. I've been creating a shopping list. You and I have similar tastes so it's nice to see your pics of some ideas I've been considering!
Good to know that I was of some help there. I dealt with Ryan since I was buying the car online sight un-seen, but everything worked out perfectly.

I have just ordered a couple more dash board pieces from Exclusive Option to fulfill my leather fetish.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:45 AM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
Great car AND a great story.
The Targa is just so much fun. True GT at its best.
Welcome to the club. Enjoy every minute.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM
ksdprasad is infamous around these parts
Nice story... Congrats to both!!

Old 01-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
sqweak What an amazing post !! Congrats to you both and here's to many miles ahead of you Welcome to the club.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:40 PM
AS2003 is infamous around these parts
Great story and Targa!

Great looking Targa! Congrats.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM
wearegiant is infamous around these parts
What a great story. Congratulations!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 PM
devil boy is infamous around these parts
Very nice! Interesting back story about the commercial. I remember seeing that on TV.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Volnomad is infamous around these parts
Great story and beautiful car. More of us should post our stories. I bet there are many interesting tales out there waiting to be told...

Old 01-04-2013, 10:01 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Aw thanks for sharing and for the kind words Enjoy it!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:01 PM
disfin is a splendid one to beholddisfin is a splendid one to beholddisfin is a splendid one to beholddisfin is a splendid one to beholddisfin is a splendid one to beholddisfin is a splendid one to beholddisfin is a splendid one to behold
Great story, that is my favorite Porsche commercial. I take my 4 year old to school in mine once or twice a week and he has that reaction every time. Really cool to know those weren't actors.

Congrats on the car, I love targas!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:48 AM
sqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud ofsqweak has much to be proud of
Thanks all for the congrats and kind words about both my writing and Mags' commercial.

Originally Posted by K-E-V
Good to know that I was of some help there. I dealt with Ryan since I was buying the car online sight un-seen, but everything worked out perfectly.

I have just ordered a couple more dash board pieces from Exclusive Option to fulfill my leather fetish.
Nice! What's next up on the list? Related, how are you liking the carbon AC vents? I'm dying to get rid of the ugly plastic surrounds. I'm barely holding back on a massive order. Figure I should install the first round of things that come in before I keep ordering more.

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
sqweak What an amazing post !! Congrats to you both and here's to many miles ahead of you Welcome to the club.
Thanks! I'm sure you guys will be hearing from me again at some point

Originally Posted by Volnomad
Great story and beautiful car. More of us should post our stories. I bet there are many interesting tales out there waiting to be told...
I certainly agree, I'd love to hear where other enthusiasts passion originated!

Originally Posted by sharkster
Aw thanks for sharing and for the kind words Enjoy it!
You guys deserve it, hardware and instruction kit got here quick. Thanks so much!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The school bus driver's first 911