997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

NAV TV MOST HUR - Which head unit should I get?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 12:25 PM
ahead is infamous around these parts
NAV TV MOST HUR - Which head unit should I get?

I'm planning on ditching the PCM on my 2006 C4S Cab and replace it with a double-din Unit. I have the Bose sound system, so I need a MOST HUR to interface with it. Looks like a company called NAV TV makes one for $650, there are other MOST HUR on eBay for $795, not sure if they are the same or different.

My concern is interfacing the car's signals with the head unit, for instance, lights on/off and vehicle speed signal. On the NAV TV site, they mention that these signals can only work with Kenwood and Alpine decks. I was thinking of getting a Pioneer 940BT or Z140, however. Should I consider Kenwood instead?

Has anyone had success installing a deck with a MOST HUR and get the car's signal properly recognized and working?

Thanks for any help here.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:21 PM
SecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant future
I can't speak to your specific problem, but my car's previous owner installed a NavTV brand Bluetooth adaptor (they brand it Tooki, which sounds like a euphemism to me..) and I had some difficulty with it. I e-mailed them and was super impressed with their customer service.

If you have any doubts or questions, e-mail or call them. Their service was outstanding and I would buy their products without hesitation.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:11 PM
rcusick is infamous around these parts
Brand specific functions only apply to steering wheel c