997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone with a catless x-pipe and Gundo hack?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 01:07 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Anyone with a catless x-pipe and Gundo hack?

Looking for sound clips on a 997.1. Thanks!

Old 01-19-2013, 01:19 AM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Im pretty sure you can find a clip on youtube. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FfFyMJYt_PU idk if that helps but hes running a catless x pipe

Old 01-19-2013, 01:50 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by carrera997re
Im pretty sure you can find a clip on youtube. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FfFyMJYt_PU idk if that helps but hes running a catless x pipe
Thanks, I went through a ton of vids on YouTube. Was curious about hearing the gundo hack with an x pipe specifically. Just seems like a really cost effective way to get a great sound

Last edited by CarNerd; 01-19-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:29 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Thanks, I went through a ton of vids on YouTube. Was curious about hearing the gundo hack with an x pipe specifically. Just seems like a really cost effective way to get a great sound
I'm running crossover pipes and the gundo hack. The cats on a '09 are built into the headers so mine are still there. Nonetheless, the two mods produce exactly the exhaust note I was hoping for.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:02 PM
N867LC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PTParks
I'm running crossover pipes and the gundo hack. The cats on a '09 are built into the headers so mine are still there. Nonetheless, the two mods produce exactly the exhaust note I was hoping for.
Do you have some specs on the crossover pipe (OD, etc)?

Old 01-19-2013, 05:43 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by N867LC
Do you have some specs on the crossover pipe (OD, etc)?
On the 997.2 the cross-over pipes replace the center muffler. Mine are made by AWE (although I bought them used). I don't have the spces but the pipes look every bit of 2 inches in diameter. A very simple bolt-in mod. I will say the the crossover pipes by themselves did not make a large difference in the exhaust note (makes you wonder why Porsche saw the need for a center muffler to begin with). It was the "Hack" that really woke up the sound.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:39 AM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
What do you guys think of the fabspeed high flow cats

Old 01-21-2013, 11:04 AM
onefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Looking for sound clips on a 997.1. Thanks!

Me too. I have a bypass and want to hear what it sounds like with the Gundo Hack before I do the second part.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
I can tell you that I have X Pipes 200 cell cats and muffler bypass...

It is loud. but I love it.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:11 PM
onefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to all
I wonder how much louder it is with out any cats at all?

Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 PM
alpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by onefastman1
I wonder how much louder it is with out any cats at all?
Does your car have to pass an annual inspection where you live? If so, then going without cats will cause problems. If not, go for it and be sure to record the roar before and after for us!

Old 01-21-2013, 03:34 PM
No emissions worries where I'm at :-)

Originally Posted by alpine-al
Does your car have to pass an annual inspection where you live? If so, then going without cats will cause problems. If not, go for it and be sure to record the roar before and after for us!