997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Rear arse collision

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 09:03 AM
FatArse is infamous around these partsFatArse is infamous around these parts
Rear **** collision

So my 05 997 was hit in the backside this week. The car had to be towed and while it hasn't been tore down yet, I was at a dead stop, when hit at 45mph...driver's insurance has accepted liability for the repair, but would anyone be pushing for repair vs. total loss? Has anyone else had a similar accident? Any thoughts on the depreciated value after an accident of this severity?

Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Hard to tell from the tiny pic. I doubt it has more than 15k of damage so it is probly not salvaged. You should get an attorney and claim for medical and diminished value

Old 01-19-2013, 09:13 AM
kiddoutlaw is infamous around these parts
Can people pay *&%$# attention.....my wife just got hit the day before her birthday in her A4. It was minor ($4,500 damage )but their insurance company was only offering 700 in diminished value, which i thought was crap......I do need to call on this and let him know this was a CPO....it might change that value. I also am thinking to ask my insurance company what they would pay on diminished value. since you were hit in the rear i would really have the engine fully checked that might result in a totaled car.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:28 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I had a similar accident, was sitting at a red light and rear ended by a garbage truck. $30K in damage.

If you have frame damage, push for a total loss.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:39 AM
johnnyb2016 is infamous around these parts
In the UK, an insurance company will normally repair up to 60% of the trade value of the car. Not sure if the US is the same, but won't be far away.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:31 AM
FatArse is infamous around these partsFatArse is infamous around these parts
I haven't heard from their insurance appraiser, but my insurance appraiser said there was a "kink" in the frame that would need to be pulled out, so I was going to push for total loss...

Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Worldisyourz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FatArse
I haven't heard from their insurance appraiser, but my insurance appraiser said there was a "kink" in the frame that would need to be pulled out, so I was going to push for total loss...
If it is a total loss, take the wheels off and put the stocks back on. I love those wheels!

Old 01-19-2013, 11:41 AM
NYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really nice
Apparently not. Between the distraction from cell phones, drunk driving and just poor/no skills, this (Dallas) is the worst city I've ever driven in. The tollway and 635 are the worst. The Cross Bronx in NYC is safe by comparison. I'm seriously considering installing in-car cameras to record events.

To the OP, if the insurer won't cover it, sue the driver personally. Until people start feeling the pain personally, moral hazard w/insurance will persist.

Originally Posted by kiddoutlaw
Can people pay *&%$# attention.....

Old 01-19-2013, 12:03 PM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
The Cross Bronx in NYC is safe by comparison

Well, lets not get TOO crazy. I drive on the Cross Bronx three times a month and worked very near it for fifteen years. Safe? No. I used to ride my bike on it. Between dodging the debris on the road and the well road itself which is a mess, there are at least 10 accidents a day on it being killed is a very real possibility. There was a period of time a while back that you could be robbed if you were stuck in traffic.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:40 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
Try driving in LA or better yet South LA,better still East LA, if you want to talk about unsafe!lol

Old 01-19-2013, 01:26 PM
johnnyb2016 is infamous around these parts
Do you have all of the Mod's disclosed?
I'd be trying for total loss too.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:34 PM
SecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant future
Glad you're OK - any problem that can be solved with money isn't that big of a problem. Years ago I was rear ended at a similar speed in my car - car came away OK, but my back was messed up and it took about four years to recover.

It varies state by state, but in WA you're entitled to a full repair plus any $ amount for diminished value. The insurance company will surely try to screw you on this one, so start looking for comparable cars in your area and send in a few for sale ads with your demands for diminished value.

If the car is written off, you're entitled to replacement value so it's good to do your research here too. Again, the insurance company will try to screw you. Make sure to have documentation for any money you spent on mods as well.

I wouldn't be so hasty to push for a writeoff. Unless the frame is severely twisted, a good shop will have it repair so that you will never know the difference.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:48 PM
hot nikon is infamous around these parts
Ortho appt scheduled Monday a.m., you start looking at comps., dust off your civil attorney.

Let them know that you mean business, they know when to cut and run.

Put your ***** on their chin.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:22 PM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
your rear quarter is kinked, thats frame damage right there. your car fax will show that and your car will be hit in value pretty badly. I would push for a write off.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful car, what a shame, but at least your not hurt

PS: surprised you only post pics when getting in accident- do you have any pics of the upgrades to share with the members? what kind of rear spoiler is that etc?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear arse collision