997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Humiliation!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 AM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
Carrera997 I have received the same treatment at South Shore in Freeport. I felt as though I was bothering them. Well I will not be bothering them anymore. BTW they had no problem giving me a bill for $500 for fixing a loose rt/ft strut and a 4wheeel alignment. Apparently you have to do the wheel alignment with a full tank of gas. Well they charged me almost $5 bucks a gallon.
Blee they offered to get me a loaner at my cost,but NOT a Porsche. Ahh no thanks

Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
your use of the word "humiliation" conjures up all kinds of unseemly character flaws.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by thebland
Apparently, you bought your car elsewhere!
Yep, that's the line I get as the "explanation." I think it really has to do with the fact that the dealer we have here in Portland is not that large, and it is the only one in town.

Contrast this to my BMW experiences - I bought at another dealer in town, but I always get BMW loaners at the dealership I go to for service. But they have a large dealership and a huge fleet of loaners.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:06 PM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
i've never had enterprise rent me a car older than 1 year. somehow i cant see them giving you a 2002 malibu. take a pic of it!

Old 01-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
Porsche of Chapel Hill has Panamera's, have yet to need to have a loaner though...
my TT came with a gift: the 1000 detail option LOL! it does the inside and outside of
the car........anyone ever get that service from the dealer??

Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 PM
wearegiant is infamous around these parts
Wow. I didn't even know rentals/loaners were that old? =/

Sure it wasn't someone's personal car?

Old 01-23-2013, 12:19 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blee321
So this isn't something others have experienced?!!?

Ugh. I hate that Porsche Huntington is the only Porsche Service Center on LI.
I'd suggest Porsche Roslyn, I always get a pcar loaner.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:27 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by blee321
Just dropped my car off at Porsche of Huntington, NY.

For Drive Off Assist Failure and a broken window motor.

Got a 2002 Chevy Malibu (w/ reserve fuel light on and low rear tire pressure alarm)... from enterprise...

Is this something other people have experienced?
I feel your pain!

I am a frequent guest of Porsche of Huntington. I frequently get some crappy Enterprise rent a wreck.

While the people there are very nice and knowledgeable, I think they are bound by PCNA's agreement to utilize Enterprise for most loaners. As I always do, I ding them on the loaner car part of the satisfaction questionnaire.

If it is any consolation, Habberstad BMW used to try the same stunt with Avis when I had my BMWs.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
I haven't had a need for a loaner yet, but I wouldn't care as long as it was free.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:09 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I'd suggest Porsche Roslyn, I always get a pcar loaner.
Thats where I bought my car from. Worked out a deal over email and the phone within 2 hours. Great deal too.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:24 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
In many cases they will ask if you bought the car from them. I guess they want to keep the loaner cars for the customers that they sold cars to.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Breeks is infamous around these parts
I got a Corolla for one week, they said they only had four P car loaners and all were out. Used the Corolla to get from dealer to home, let it sit for the week and then drove it back. It would have been cheaper for them to give me a ride the 14 miles home but they stuck me in an Enterprise loaner and off I went.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Not having a Porsche dealer in Arkansas means not even getting a loaner at ALL when I take mine in for service. I've rented Malibus before, and they are actually pretty decent cars for the purpose, and so are Impalas.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:47 PM
blee321 is infamous around these partsblee321 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lacrosse
I feel your pain!

I am a frequent guest of Porsche of Huntington. I frequently get some crappy Enterprise rent a wreck.

While the people there are very nice and knowledgeable, I think they are bound by PCNA's agreement to utilize Enterprise for most loaners. As I always do, I ding them on the loaner car part of the satisfaction questionnaire.

If it is any consolation, Habberstad BMW used to try the same stunt with Avis when I had my BMWs.
You are right! The service advisor and the mechanic (tom) was awesome they invited me into the garage to demonstrate what was wrong. I felt very comfortable.

I mentioned my dissatisfaction with the loaner car and my service advisor was very apologetic and offered a full complimentary detail job which I declined and assured me he would complain to enterprise.

I probably won't be going back.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:24 PM
plantagenet is infamous around these parts
You should try driving a 2000 year cavalier the car from enterprise would seem like a real upgrade then

At the end of this week it will all be worth it. Friday or Saturday morning is delivery time...just in time for the next snow fall or so I am hearing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Humiliation!