997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Humiliation!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 07:29 PM
kiddoutlaw is infamous around these parts
I went to Boardwalk Porsche in Texas....Wanted a P-Car got a new Passat....

Old 01-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Malexgcab is infamous around these partsMalexgcab is infamous around these parts
My previous loaner cars from Paul Miller were LR3 and Audi A3. I had the A3 for a week and I had to put a quart of oil. They offered to replace the loaner with something else but it would've been a hassle so I just bought a quart of oil. No Pcar as loaner.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:14 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
It all depends on your dealer. Keep in mind keeping a fleet of Porsches as loaners is NOT cheap. Since we are part of Benz dealership we have Benz loaners plus we use Hertz. Also as someone mentioned if you didnt buy the car from the dealership dont expect much love when it comes to loaners those are for their customers. Also keep in mind your relationship with your sales person can do a lot. A client came in to get the 991 serviced and I arranged to put them into a Panamera GTS which they loved and might buy.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:50 PM
JohnAMG is infamous around these parts
I don't mind getting a cheap loaner. The last 2 I got were Volvo and Camry and I took them everywhere to do errands. I can park anywhere and not worry about getting dings, especially Walmart.

John

Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
When my car was at the dealer over the summer for service i had a dodge avenger had the trunk full of manuer and top soil did 5 trips to home depot

Old 01-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I get a Porsche loaner at POV. The last time I was in they gave me a 991S Cab. Great car.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rossii
It all depends on your dealer. Keep in mind keeping a fleet of Porsches as loaners is NOT cheap. Since we are part of Benz dealership we have Benz loaners plus we use Hertz. Also as someone mentioned if you didnt buy the car from the dealership dont expect much love when it comes to loaners those are for their customers. Also keep in mind your relationship with your sales person can do a lot. A client came in to get the 991 serviced and I arranged to put them into a Panamera GTS which they loved and might buy.
Totally dependent on the culture of the dealership. On my second 997 now...neither of which I bought from my local dealer and I still get P-car loaners without exception. The culture you describe is not one I would support with my business. My dealer knows I would buy from them if they could produce what I'm looking for. If they can't then they have enough sense not to punish me but to try to keep me as a customer for the next trade. In between they get all the service and repair business plus referrals.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:34 AM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
Carrera997re love it.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 AM
cam99 is infamous around these partscam99 is infamous around these parts
I've dealt with Porsche of Huntington. I bought my P-car elswhere and I've received both A P-Car and Enterprise rentals as loaners.

I request the Loaner, when I make an appointment. I think its first come first served with the P-car loaners. They don't have a lot of p-car loaners. I think they use the ones that you may try and eventually buy. I got a Cayenne as a loaner on two occasions and my FREE Enterprise rentals were rather new models, no problems with gas, etc. (I'd have complained to Enterprise, the dealership isn't aware of the cars Enterprise loans out)

Old 01-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rossii
It all depends on your dealer. Also keep in mind your relationship with your sales person can do a lot. A client came in to get the 991 serviced and I arranged to put them into a Panamera GTS which they loved and might buy.
Good Point. I don't even have to leave my house to get my car to the dealer for service. My salesman comes over, notes any dings or dents, etc. and drives the car to the dealership; he then brings it back at the end of the day and I inspect for damage. Alternatively, I could drop off my car, and he'd give me a ride home, then pick me up the next morning to get the car. Either way, this works out well as I prefer driving our third car (A4) than an Enterprise Loaner. (Note, my sales guy only lives a few miles from from me but its still a decent gesture)

Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 PM
rocket911 is infamous around these parts
I had a similar experience with them. They gave me a Chevy Impala fron Enterprise. It didn't matter that I purchased my car from them. The only reason I use them is that they are open Saturdays.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 PM
aggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud of
When I was looking for my 996 turbo I would show up to peruse the inventory in my 2004 Rav4 with 160k miles and a missing bumper cover on the back and tape over a whole in the back door (all left over damage from a rear-end collision, gonna drive the car into the ground so I took the money and just fixed the must fix things).

Now THAT got me some less than stellar service at a lot of places . I ended up buying from a place that knew I was serious regardless of the beater car I was driving.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:30 PM
alanm is infamous around these parts
I used to get Toyotas, but my dealer has now upgraded to Audis. Still doesn't quite cut it.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:32 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
It may also depend on the type of service. Last year I spent around $15K on some major service items. I did get Cayennes then. When I get smaller things done ~$500 or so range that takes half a day, I get Enterprise.

And to be fair, one time when I told the SA that I need a P-Car because I was meeting clients and EVP for dinner he came through.

PCNA needs to take the lead and require that dealerships have better cars available.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:55 PM
wearegiant is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by aggk
When I was looking for my 996 turbo I would show up to peruse the inventory in my 2004 Rav4 with 160k miles and a missing bumper cover on the back and tape over a whole in the back door (all left over damage from a rear-end collision, gonna drive the car into the ground so I took the money and just fixed the must fix things).

Now THAT got me some less than stellar service at a lot of places . I ended up buying from a place that knew I was serious regardless of the beater car I was driving.

That sounds worse than taking the bus and getting off in front of the dealership with your bus pass hanging from your neck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Humiliation!