997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2013 HB557 Texas bill to req. 1 lic. plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 AM
phil.s is infamous around these parts
2013 HB557 Texas bill to req. 1 lic. plate

New bill Jan 2013 to specify 1 lic plate on car.

Contact you Texas rep to voice support.
Here's a link to the bill:
http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLoo...83R&Bill=HB557

A link to the state rep proposing it:
http://www.house.state.tx.us/members...e/?district=52

And a link to find your state rep:
http://www.house.state.tx.us/members...epresentative/

Old 01-30-2013, 12:30 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by phil.s
New bill Jan 2013 to specify 1 lic plate on car.

Contact you Texas rep to voice support.
Here's a link to the bill:
http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLoo...83R&Bill=HB557

A link to the state rep proposing it:
http://www.house.state.tx.us/members...e/?district=52

And a link to find your state rep:
http://www.house.state.tx.us/members...epresentative/
Thanks - never understood why front plate needed since the registration is clearly visible in the front windshield. I've been stopped 3 times in the last 6 months - 2x by DPS, once by local. DPS gives a written warning and local gave me a verbal, neither of which required any further action - no "fix it" - nothing other than the nuisance of being stopped. If this passes, TDC will have to find some more work for the inmates.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
They had HB1068 last year and nothing happened. Maybe this year since there is no fine associated with the ticket they will pass the bill.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 PM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
How do we get New York on board with this? Front plate is totally unnecessary. Could never understand why some states still have it, unless its to make money on us.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 PM
devil boy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GuzziGreg
How do we get New York on board with this? Front plate is totally unnecessary. Could never understand why some states still have it, unless its to make money on us.
I think you answered your own question.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 PM
BoxsterG is infamous around these parts
My understanding is that currently local Texas officers cant write a ticket with a fine as something was "left out" of the renewed law. So no tickets could be written. Hopefully they will approved the bill for one plate as I am never going to install the fromt on anyway.

I emailed my state representive ASAP asking for them support it. It would make it easier if it was approved.

Last edited by BoxsterG; 01-30-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:52 AM
amge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond repute
Politics

I've met the lobbyist that works for the manufacturer that produces the reflective materials used on the license plates. They are very active in keeping the two license plate set up since the obvious consequence is that they can see their business cut in half in those states that decide to go to just one plate.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:48 AM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
did this last year to no avail but just sent this message to my rep:

Please support Texas bill HB557 to require one license plate per vehicle. Front license plates reduce aerodynamics which in turn reduces fuel economy. A fraction of an MPG multiplied by many Texans makes a BIG difference. Thank you for your consideration.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:31 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by amge63
I've met the lobbyist that works for the manufacturer that produces the reflective materials used on the license plates. They are very active in keeping the two license plate set up since the obvious consequence is that they can see their business cut in half in those states that decide to go to just one plate.
Continue to issue two plates, just don't require the front one - mfg keeps his business.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
In Cali...we get two plates for every car. I don't use front plates on my PCar...been ticketed for it. No front plate on BMW 750..wife got stopped and ticketed. No plate on F250 Truck...meter maid ticketed me. It's revenue for some, but law enforcement here says they need to see plates of vehicles coming at them in case it's stolen?? Right....just more laws for us to live by.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:09 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
I would seriously pay a "no front plate fee" to be able to legaly not runna front plate.