997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Waxing Your Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:08 PM
sixgun95 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hakaida
I can't wait for my swissvax insignis v3 to arrive this week. I'll have to do some prep and machine polish the few swirls that I didn't get the last time. I want to get it down perfect this time so I'll give myself two days to do everything.

Swissvax is expensve, but looks to be worth it.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=240044

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=278370

Steps I'll be doing.
Wash wheels with iron x to remove iron/brake dust particles that have embedded in the wheels. Rinse then wash with chemical guys diablo gel wheel cleaner
Wash car with chemical guys citrus wash and gloss at wax stripping strength (1 oz per gallon)
Rinse then iron x the body of the car. Rinse then use speedy prep towel (fine grade) and chemical guys speed wipe as lubricant instead of traditional clay.
Then polish using menzerna 2500 then 4500 wherever there are scratches and swirls. Use menzerna top inspection to make sure that scratches and swirls are removed.
Apply swissvax cleaning fluid.
Two coats of swissvax insignis v3.
Profit.
Is it a polymer? If not thats what you should go with. The vegas sun will toast normal wax - won,t last long. You can always use the polymer ( Blackfire, etc) then put wax on top for a deep gloss. Again, wax won't last - Im in phoenix, same story.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:29 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Jon70ProofZ
Well I just used Chemical Guys V36 cutting polish followed by V38 finishing polish and topped that off with their Lava Wax. I'm more than happy with the results, very little swirls that I had are all gone. Paint looks flawless.

It looks really nice! I have heard mixed reviews on lava, but it looks great on your car. Maybe it's because no one knows that lava exactly is. It doesn't have any nuba in it. It's probably a really really nice sealant.

I too used cg v36 and v38 to get rid of two big RIDS and most of the swirls on my car. I'll go over it again soon with v38 to get what I missed the first time I machine polished my car. Or I might try menzerna polishes. A few detailing pros that I know have been telling me thats the way to go, but I barely used the v36 and v38 and would hate to waste it. I think the only difference is that menzerna polishes have better cut than the cg optical line of polishes.

Got this in the mail.

I haven't had problems with wax and vegas heat yet. It could be because I don't park it in the direct sun for long periods of time. I work from home so I drive it maybe two or three times a week and it isn't sitting outside for very long. I just do errands with it and stuff like going to the doc for an hour. I'll ask my friend here that's a professional detailer about it.

Maybe I'll try two coats of cg 5050 and see how it does when parked for a few hours this summer before putting on the insignis. If it sweats or melts then I'll just sell it for what I paid for it. I got one of the last pots in the world and people on a detailing board have already made offers to buy it from me for a small profit. I guess they don't want to have to order from canada which is where the last 3 or 4 pots in the world are.

Attached Images  

Last edited by hakaida; 02-26-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I've had great results with Klasse sealant, I like the mirror like shine and synthetic wax last a bit longer.

Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2013, 10:20 AM
Justin Lin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ynot
I've had great results with Klasse sealant, I like the mirror like shine and synthetic wax last a bit longer.
Man super clean!

Old 02-26-2013, 12:53 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I used Zaino in the past with good results. The Klasse sealant looks great. I am going to try GTechiq EXO once the weather wamrs back up in the spring. I like the glassy look, reflection and the durability of sealants. I am really excited about trying EXO. I was on the fence about EXO and Opticoat, but went with EXO after seeing it applied to a Mustang on Autogeek.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:17 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
I used Zaino in the past with good results. The Klasse sealant looks great. I am going to try GTechiq EXO once the weather wamrs back up in the spring. I like the glassy look, reflection and the durability of sealants. I am really excited about trying EXO. I was on the fence about EXO and Opticoat, but went with EXO after seeing it applied to a Mustang on Autogeek.
I've heard that 22ple is really good too.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:48 AM
FormerExpert is infamous around these parts
I used the clay bar then Griots One Step Sealer, which is a polisher as well. Do I need to use anything additional to keep the paint protected and looking good?

Old 03-01-2013, 06:15 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
No wax..Sealant(not one step though), I use Griots Garage line of products.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:51 AM
I used to use griots a decade ago, then found stuff I liked better on autogeek and other detailing supply websites. They do make some handy tools and gadgets, but I will never use stuff like best of show wax again.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:09 AM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
What are you using? I don't use any wax, just the sealant.

I used to use griots a decade ago, then found stuff I liked better on autogeek and other detailing supply websites. They do make some handy tools and gadgets, but I will never use stuff like best of show wax again.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:19 PM
RichM3 is infamous around these parts
Hey guy, I have a black 997.2 S which I purchased last September. It has a fair amount of light scratches that I can't seem to get out with my PC 7424 and Adams Swirl & Haze remover. I understand this car has a hard clear coat. What do you advise I use to get out the scratches?

Thanks!

Old 03-02-2013, 01:01 AM
jdeg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ynot
Looks great! I've read various methods of applying the Klasse Sealant. How do you do it?

Old 03-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by FLA996TT
What are you using? I don't use any wax, just the sealant.
I use zymol glasur and chemical guys 5050. I just picked up the swissvax insignis v3. I will do a full detail (iron particle removal, clay bar, 2 step polish) for the swissvax. For the money, chemical guys 5050 is really nice. Next step up is something like wolfgang fuzion and some of the british stuff like dodo juice and bouncers.

I use sealant on my gfs car. Her lexus sits out at her job uncovered so for her a sealant makes sense. I have used chemical guys jetseal, chemical guys m-seal, and just put menzerna power lock on it after reading a really good review on how strong it is. It couldn't be wiped away with a IPA solution.

I feel like I'm addicted to trying out different waxes. I'm looking at auto finesse and dodo juice waxes next. I think if I don't keep my car outside in the summer heat, my wax won't melt on me. My other buddy that is a hardcore wax guy has fuzion wax on his black m3 and he has never had a problem with wax melting. The key might be as they say, "less is more". A very thin coat is all you need.

I'm doing a paint correction for my friend tomorrow that is selling her bentley continental GT. I have a feeling that the paint is a lot harder than porsche paint and won't be fun. I ordered menzerna fg400, pg2500, and sf4000.

For those who don't want to deal with waxing with wax or a sealant every few months, there are good coatings out there like opti coat and 22ple and others that are either permanent or semi permanent and will provide good protection with a nice enough shine.

http://esotericcarcare.com/22PLE/VX1...s-Coating-30ML

Last edited by hakaida; 03-02-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 PM
colombiano is infamous around these parts
I use zymol glasur and chemical guys 5050. I just picked up the swissvax insignis v3. I will do a full detail (iron particle removal, clay bar, 2 step polish) for the swissvax. For the money, chemical guys 5050 is really nice. Next step up is something like wolfgang fuzion and some of the british stuff like dodo juice and bouncers.

I'm doing a paint correction for my friend tomorrow that is selling her bentley continental GT. I have a feeling that the paint is a lot harder than porsche paint and won't be fun. I ordered menzerna fg400, pg2500, and sf4000.
Awesome to work on a bentley. I would very curious how thick the paint is in comparison to porsche, or bmw paint. If you have a paint gauge would be cool to check readings.

swissvax is awesome wax have not tried the porsche specific yet nor the one you mentioned . Let me know how you like it.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Justin Lin
Man super clean!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by jdeg
Looks great! I've read various methods of applying the Klasse Sealant. How do you do it?
I apply it by hand but here is the step by step.

http://www.autogeek.net/klasse-usa.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Waxing Your Porsche