997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

SoCal Porsche owner event or club???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:34 PM
firstmovado2013 is infamous around these partsfirstmovado2013 is infamous around these parts
SoCal Porsche owner event or club???

Is there a Socal Porsche club or group events around LA area? If not we should start one!!!

Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
Oh my. Yes. PCA (Porsche Club of America) has several regions in SoCal. Orange Coast Region in Orange County; Grand Prix in Long Beach, and San Gabriel Valley. Slightly further afield are Riverside, San Diego, and Santa Barbara. There's also the Porsche Owners Club (POC) which is headquartered in Orange County.

The PCA regions have different activities. San Diego is the most active for performance events, with a season-long autocross series at Qualcomm stadium, and Driver Education (DE) and Time trial (TT) events at Willow Springs, Fontana and Chuckwalla.

Orange Coast has a season-long autocross series at El Toro, a former USMC airbase as well as two or three DE/TT events at Willow Springs, Fontana and Chuckwalla.

Grand Prix and San Gabriel jointly sponsor autocross and DE/TT events at Pomona and Willow Springs.

I'm not too familiar with Santa Barbara's schedule, other than the fact that they sponsor at least some autocross events.

Riverside doesn't seem to have any performance events.

All the regions have breakfast and dinner meetings, concours events, and driving tours.

POC is very much devoted to track events. Their Performance Driving Series (PDS) events are comparable to the DE/TT's that PCA sponsors. POC events occur at just about every track between Laguna Seca in Monterey to Chuckwalla.

Google "PCA Zone 8" and "Porsche Owners Club" for more information.

I hope that helps.

DMoore
'11 C2 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S

Old 02-05-2013, 11:09 PM
firstmovado2013 is infamous around these partsfirstmovado2013 is infamous around these parts
Cool thanks for the information and i will check them out! Are you an active member?

Old 02-05-2013, 11:30 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
I sure am. I'm active with PCA/OCR as well as POC. I'm an autocross and DE/TT instructor with PCA and a PDS instructor with POC. I've participated in lots of events with PCA/Grand Prix and PCA/San Diego as well.

PCA/OCR just had our annual car control clinic all day Saturday, and our first autocross of the season on Sunday. We have a series of 10 autocross events over the course of the year.

DMoore
'11 C2 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S

Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 AM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
Wife just did your car control clinic. She was in the 08 C2S. Great event. Thanks! I took some great pics. Direct message if you want them.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by socalbd
Wife just did your car control clinic. She was in the 08 C2S. Great event. Thanks! I took some great pics. Direct message if you want them.
Great! I hope she had a good time. I know all of the instructors always have fun and I certainly did. It ends up being a long, tiring day, but well worth it. Is she going to come back in the future for an autocross?

I was managing one of the two skid pads. Who'd have known that soap and water could make such a mess. Have you ever seen your car so dirty?

DMoore
'11 C2 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S

Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Whats car control clinic?

Old 02-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by firstmovado2013
Whats car control clinic?
The car control clinic is a one day class designed to introduce people to high performance/autocross driving. We have a number of exercise stations where each driver gets several opportunities to learn his/her car. They include a slalom; skid pad (wet); figure 8 (wet and dry) and accident avoidance course. We then have a "mini" autocross in the afternoon so students can put what they've learned into action.

Orange Coast's program is once a year, and unfortunately it just happened. However, San Diego region has a similar event coming in (I think) March. Go to their website, pcasdr.org for further information.

If you're interested in learning just how capable your car is, this is an excellent opportunity and I'd recommend it highly.

DMoore
'11 C2 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S

Last edited by DMoore; 02-22-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Great! Thanks for the info.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:19 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
PCA LA region Zone 8 has some cool folks. Not too many pretentious socal p car owning d bags! :-)

As for non PCA events, Super Car Sunday at Topanga Mall is fun - friendly group of p car folks who show up. I've not gone for a few months due to the crap weather, but in the Spring time, I'll start going again more often.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Romysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud of
Super Car Sunday is an awesome event especially on the Big Sunday which occurs on every 1st Sunday of the month. Not just a Porsche event but you'll see a variety of different exotic and classic cars. Smaller get together every Sunday.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:54 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Without a doubt join the PCA...great group of guys, gals and activities.

After a year I got on the board of my local region and its been great to work with all the members. I have meet so many interesting people with all types of Porsches.

Also check out local cars and coffee's and dealer tech nites.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Romysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud of
Cars & Coffee in Irvine is very popular.