997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Look for Boston area maintenance garage / shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
Imagine 22K for four PCCB rotors, now that is an Ouch

Old 02-21-2013, 01:42 PM
plantagenet is infamous around these parts
wow :P
I guess its at that point you would switch back to steel ones...?

Old 02-21-2013, 01:49 PM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by plantagenet
As you say I expect the costs were fair for what was done just hurts when a cost like that arrives that equate to over 10% of the cars value.

I also think it underlines while these cars are now relatively cheap to buy they are not cheap to run. Will keep my fingers cost that I don't have a bill that large for a couple of years
Yeah I was really disappointed when I found out it was going to be more than just my clutch. And then things just kept adding up.

I fell victim to the cost of the car vs. the cost to maintain on this one for sure. No one thinks that a $35,000 used car could have $5,000 worth of routine maintenance to do. Thankfully I have had the car for 3 years now (bought it for $45k) and knew when something went wrong it would be a big deal...just didn't think it would be THIS big of a deal.

I am, for sure, one of those owners who really shouldn't have a car this expensive to own and operate. But when I bought the car I justified it as "if I don't do it now, will I be able to later in life when money has more importance". I get into the car now and hate how much it just cost me. But after mere minutes behind the wheel the car is such a pleasure to drive I find it hard to imagine driving anything else I would enjoy as much but would be cheaper to own...

Old 02-21-2013, 01:53 PM
plantagenet is infamous around these parts
I hear you...exactly the same position.

At least you know that these bits should be good for awhile now. Did you get them to take a look at the IMS?

Old 02-21-2013, 02:21 PM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by plantagenet
I hear you...exactly the same position.

At least you know that these bits should be good for awhile now. Did you get them to take a look at the IMS?
IMS appears to be fine. But there is no real way to be sure unless you just replace it. And at an addition $1200 to do so I couldn't justify the cost right now.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Sweeper
Imagine 22K for four PCCB rotors, now that is an Ouch
PCCB is an $8,500 option. Do you really think it would cost almost 3 times as much to do a replacement job?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
Yep. That's for rotors, not pads. The are some aftermarket versions now, that should help the costs. But still I almost choked when I read what the replacement $$$$ were.

Some people change them out, I love them. Pedal is amazing and ill only track a couple times. So, no worries..

Old 02-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Ouch is right. But that sting will wear off the more time you put in behind the wheel. Did Bill at Eurotech quote you and if yes was there a difference? I ask because I had asked EPE to change the spoiler setting on the inboard computer (.5 hours at most) and they wanted 2x what a dealership charged.

Anyway, a good tequila will help the pain 😉

Old 02-21-2013, 05:30 PM
CarreraS997Blk is infamous around these parts
If you aren't a PCA member, I would recommend it, they talk have a good connection to good indy shops around and there are a lot of car events in the area. (just a thought)

Old 06-23-2013, 12:43 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
Funny but I don't think too much of EPE. They are not very accommodating in my opinion and experience. Would never go there agin. I have been taking both of my Porsches to Eurotech in Framingham for the last 7 years. Ask for Bill, it's his shop. VERY accommodating, straight shooter and does high quality work. It's a pure Porsche shop. best around

Matt
This, EPE are usually incredibly expensive, jerry is a nice guy and they do good work but I won't be going back, bill at Eurotech is just as nice and does excellent work for less money