997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Gundo Hack and Exhaust cleanup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 AM
Xander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really nice
Gundo Hack and Exhaust cleanup

Had the Gundo Hack done a week or so ago, on my 2005 997 with 36,000 miles on it.

I noticed how nice the pipes looked where my welder cleaned up and modified the pipes. I thought I would take it one step further and clean up the rest of the mufflers too.

Before

After

Before

After

A side by side of one muffler done, and the other still untouched.

I am not completly done with it yet, this was just after using a "wire wheel" on all the surfaces I could get to. Now that they are mounted i will uses scuff pads/ wet sandpaper/ and polish to really clean them up where anyone will actually ever see them, even on a lift.

This is actually the only spot most people will see this work. LOL

The funniest part about the whole thing is I did this mod for the sound obviously, but living here in Buffalo, NY, it will be another 2 months before I get this thing on the road and actually get to hear it. LOL

X...

Attached Images       

Last edited by Xander; 02-13-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:48 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
**** Retentive much?? When you were growing up your parents must have had to hold a gun on you to make you poop!!!

Actually, I've done similar work on my AWE crossover pipes and what part of the mufflers I can reach through the rear wheelwell.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
Nice - glad to see wire wheel worked so well.

Gundo

Old 02-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Looks good!

Old 02-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Xander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really nice
Originally Posted by PTParks
**** Retentive much?? When you were growing up your parents must have had to hold a gun on you to make you poop!!!

Actually, I've done similar work on my AWE crossover pipes and what part of the mufflers I can reach through the rear wheelwell.
To be really honest, I was the biggest slob when I was younger, but I did live in a house that was ready for a magazine shoot at any moment.

Originally Posted by Gundo
Nice - glad to see wire wheel worked so well.

Gundo
Thank you!

X...

Old 02-14-2013, 05:37 PM
py0413 is a jewel in the roughpy0413 is a jewel in the roughpy0413 is a jewel in the rough
oh wow. Now that I have to do the same thing. I didn't know the oem exhaust should look like that after a good cleaning. Makes me feel guilty already for not hand-washing my car last week.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Looks great. Nice work. But youre never really going to see it again

But you will hear it every time you drive it!

Matt

Old 02-15-2013, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
Looks great. Nice work. But youre never really going to see it again

But you will hear it every time you drive it!

Matt
Normally I would agree with you, but my car sits up on a lift in my garage

X...

Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2013, 02:34 AM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Well done! That is nice

Matt

Old 03-20-2013, 01:18 PM
rockwood997.1 is infamous around these parts
that is OCD at it's finest, nice job!

Old 03-20-2013, 01:19 PM
rockwood997.1 is infamous around these parts
how did you like the gundo hack for sound? considerign thsi myself or a PSE!

Old 03-20-2013, 02:02 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
O, it s on a lift, that explains everything. LOL Nice work.