997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

audible alert when arming/locking the car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 04:47 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
audible alert when arming/locking the car

been reading and some of the suggestions to make this happen is to open the glove box to create the audible alert when locking the car. but now in another forum a brother mentioned that this feature can be activated using the durametric pro or of course the piwis. can anybody share their experinec with this? what sections need to be modified in the piwis?
ive always wanted this to help me know when i have locked the car. i guess when one gets old being forgetful is a new feature.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:57 PM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
Just watch for the double flash!!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:58 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
If you do forget i believe the car locks itself in 2min

Old 02-13-2013, 05:35 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Listen for the "clunk" of the door locks locking.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:39 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
good ideas but does anyone have any experience with programming the beep when one arms or locks the car via durametric pro or piwis

Old 02-13-2013, 05:53 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slicky rick
good ideas but does anyone have any experience with programming the beep when one arms or locks the car via durametric pro or piwis
Unless you have the Durametric PRO or a PIWIS, suggest you ask your dealer. If you have the Durametric PRO I think there's a post with programming tips.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:05 PM
drummin4fun is infamous around these partsdrummin4fun is infamous around these parts
At first, I thought that I wanted an audible too, but then I realized that the audible is set up to let you know when something is not fully closed. I didn't want to always have the audible, and then possibly have the frunk not latched down all the way and not know when arming.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:26 AM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
I would love to hear the sound of a shotgun when I lock my car

you know, the "chk chk" one

Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 PM
dastro has a spectacular aura aboutdastro has a spectacular aura about
SmartTOP, run don't walk. Let's you program audible lock/unlock, windows control, and some other helpful features. I got tired of constantly looking back at my car to make sure it was locked properly (Hey, look at that DB staring at his Porsche). Installed in about 15 minutes, easy job.
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/2...8-p-92077.html

Old 02-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Dastro, you are right the smart top does do that, but if one canjust get it programmed free, then we save $300.