997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Best Bang 4 my Buck Exhaust 997 C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Gary B has a spectacular aura aboutGary B has a spectacular aura about
Best Bang 4 my Buck Exhaust 997 C2S

Looking for a little more sound out of my C2S. I do t want to **** off my neighbors (Harley & Ducati already do that). Just a little more Snarl.

I've read about Cat Back, X-Pipes, Flow Max, what's the best option for a little more sound. Several YouTube posts claim Cold Air Intake kits ad that slight sound Snarl some are looking for??? Seems to be a variety of options and even more opinions. I'm interested to hear what you all have to saw. Thanks for listening.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Fister/Gundo Hack

Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
CAI will give good sound inside when RPM's are up. i have Fabspeed model and above 4k to 5500 is sounds awesome.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Maturola is infamous around these parts
why 3 threads about it?

Old 02-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Three time the chance of GREAT info... No, I'm just a newbie to the forum. Thanks for going easy on me so far.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:57 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
$1500-$2000 for a new cat-back exhaust or $150-$200 for your local custom exhaust shoppe to do the Gundo Hack to your stock mufflers. It was simple math for me. I went with the hack. The sound is perfect.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by PTParks
$1500-$2000 for a new cat-back exhaust or $150-$200 for your local custom exhaust shoppe to do the Gundo Hack to your stock mufflers. It was simple math for me. I went with the hack. The sound is perfect.
Any warning lights on the dash? What does the hack eliminate? Sees to be a flow bypass from what I've read??? Any Warranty issues I've got a new 2 year CPO warranty and didn't want to mess that up? Thanks for sharing the option/idea.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Gary B
Any warning lights on the dash? What does the hack eliminate? Sees to be a flow bypass from what I've read??? Any Warranty issues I've got a new 2 year CPO warranty and didn't want to mess that up? Thanks for sharing the option/idea.
No error code or lights, no issue with CPO, dealer doest care what happen after the CATs.

It is just a Bypass, it doesn't eliminate anything

Gundo + Cold Air intake should give you the sound you looking for a reasonable amount of money, like you say "best bang for the buck". You can do more expensive things, but what you look is just sound, that is the best.

Last edited by Maturola; 02-17-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:45 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gary B
No trouble lights. Remember, we're working aft of the catalytic converters so there are no issues with emissions or the like. An aftermarket exhaust system falls into the same boat and those are readily accepted by most service managers at most dealers. There should be no warranty issues other than if one of your mufflers should fail for some strange reason. The hack is essentially a flow bypass although the stock muffler is still there, unlike an actual muffler bypass which is annoying loud. The actual hack is nothng more than a connecting pipe (usually 2" in diameter) welded in between the inlet and outlet pipes of the side mufflers. Nothing is actually eliminated.

If you do a search for "gundo hack" you will find plenty of posts on the subject. I don't remember 1 that mentioned any issues or the owner wasn't satisified with the results.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:18 PM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PTParks
No trouble lights. Remember, we're working aft of the catalytic converters so there are no issues with emissions or the like. An aftermarket exhaust system falls into the same boat and those are readily accepted by most service managers at most dealers. There should be no warranty issues other than if one of your mufflers should fail for some strange reason. The hack is essentially a flow bypass although the stock muffler is still there, unlike an actual muffler bypass which is annoying loud. The actual hack is nothng more than a connecting pipe (usually 2" in diameter) welded in between the inlet and outlet pipes of the side mufflers. Nothing is actually eliminated.

If you do a search for "gundo hack" you will find plenty of posts on the subject. I don't remember 1 that mentioned any issues or the owner wasn't satisified with the results.
I am all new to the 911 cars myself and had the same questions initially as I was looking into the Gundo and improving my car's sound.

Ended up getting the Fister mod which is pretty much same as Gundo as Darrin is local to me (darrin also ships), then I also had the Sharkwerks bypass installed. This combination to date has given me the sound I was looking for and not be too excessive. As a testament, I've no issues to date with these upgrades.

I would suggest starting with this route and if the sound is still not to your liking, a total replacement of the side mufflers can be done later.

Run some searches for the relevant key words and you will find plenty of info regarding Gundo, Fister, Sharks Bypass..the experienced guys here have always been very instrumental and most helpful as I am learning about my P car.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:41 PM
drummin4fun is infamous around these partsdrummin4fun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vg247
Ended up getting the Fister mod which is pretty much same as Gundo as Darrin is local to me (darrin also ships), then I also had the Sharkwerks bypass installed. This combination to date has given me the sound I was looking for and not be too excessive. As a testament, I've no issues to date with these upgrades.
+1 to Darrin... he does excellent work. If you're looking for "bang for the buck", he is the way to go!
I find myself driving with the window open in 40ish degree weather just so I can hear the system!

Old 02-17-2013, 02:50 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Maturola
No error code or lights, no issue with CPO, dealer doest care what happen after the CATs.
Your dealer might not care, but he is not the one honoring a warranty claim. PCNA might very well care, depending on what type of claim you make. PCNA is getting very strict on warranty claims.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by GS997S
Your dealer might not care, but he is not the one honoring a warranty claim. PCNA might very well care, depending on what type of claim you make. PCNA is getting very strict on warranty claims.
that statement is still true even if you make 0 mods to the car. just like any other warranty program. Gundo hack had been reported to have no effects on CPO and that's all the info we can go by.

Last edited by Maturola; 02-17-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:37 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=Maturola;3771505]
Originally Posted by GS997S
Your dealer might not care, but he is not the one honoring a warranty claim. PCNA might very well care, depending on what type of claim you make. PCNA is getting very strict on warranty claims.[/QUOTE]

that statement is still true even if you make 0 mods to the car. just like any other warranty program. Gundo hack had been reported to have no effects on CPO and that's all the info we can go by.
Part of the statement is true, but part is not. With mods, you give PCNA an excuse to not honor a warranty claim. Gundo hack has been reported by whom to have no impact on CPO claims? Granted the hack wouldn't have any impact on a many claims. You think that if a muffler that had the hack done failed for some reason such as a failed weld, rattling baffle, or any other type failure, PCNA would honor a warranty claim? I think not. PCNA also has been famous for not honoring some engine claims with a modded exhaust. I know, the Gundo hack is similar to PSE, but it is not, and you do run the risk of a warranty claim being denied. All depends on ones comfort level with modding a car and expecting warranty claims to be honored.

Last edited by GS997S; 02-17-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:59 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Gundo hack will make you happy... Price is cheap also. Do a search, there are even DIY s on doing it. It s never too loud and no annoying droning but is just enough to sound like a sports car. Now there are many more expensive options but it sounds from your post that this would work for you. I am 100% happy with it and will leave it alone as long as I own this car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Bang 4 my Buck Exhaust 997 C2S