997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anybody experience porsche new ruling on wear and tear parts under warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 02:13 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Anybody experience porsche new ruling on wear and tear parts under warranty

I was informed recently by the dealer that porsche does not warranty suspension parts and has classified these items as wear and tear parts. Is this true? Wynwould porsche not warranty suspension parts on a 3 year old 20k km car? This is ridiculous! By the way car still has 1 more year of warranty.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:14 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slicky rick
I was informed recently by the dealer that porsche does not warranty suspension parts and has classified these items as wear and tear parts. Is this true? Wynwould porsche not warranty suspension parts on a 3 year old 20k km car? This is ridiculous! By the way car still has 1 more year of warranty.
What does your warranty book say?

Old 03-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
exactly. The warranty is what the warranty book that came with the new car says. Its not a contract that can be changed after the fact by the manufacturer. Now they may have different warranties for the new cars sold today, but your warranty is what your warranty book says it is.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:26 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slicky rick
BTW, what's wrong with your suspension...or is this just something new for you to worry about?

Old 03-06-2013, 02:57 PM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
I believe struts and springs are not covered as they are considered wear and tear.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Hmm, I had a strut replaced under my cpo warranty last year.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Gary B has a spectacular aura aboutGary B has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like the service writer may need to meet a friend named Mr. Ben Franklin. Amazing what a firm handshake and smile can get you at the dealership.
I've brought 2 dozen donuts in with me for an 8am service appointment and gotten 10 fold in return. Also letting them know that you really want to give them TOP service scores on their survey helps too.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:14 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Let's also take into account that the OP is not in the USA.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 AM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Well i was just informed of the fact that porsche just came out with a new list of wear and tear items. But when i brought in the car for its maintenance they already removed the control arm and said they would try to get the warranty. Problem is knocking sound coming from the front. Apparently its a common problem here as there are already a number of cars that had this replaced. We will see how things move but i will insist that the part be warrantied and as our brothers here said they just cant change the rules in the middle of the game.