997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Looking for our first 911!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 01:42 PM
tdiddy is infamous around these parts
All,

New member here, I'm in the same boat although minus the trade. Thanks for the specific dealer mentions, it's always nice to be referred.

cerbomark, I'll PM for that Scottsdale salesman's name.

tom

EDIT: If you can PM me that would be great - didn't realize I needed 15 posts in order to send PM's.

Last edited by tdiddy; 03-13-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: can't pm yet
Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM
bigbwb is infamous around these partsbigbwb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tdiddy
All,

New member here, I'm in the same boat although minus the trade. Thanks for the specific dealer mentions, it's always nice to be referred.

cerbomark, I'll PM for that Scottsdale salesman's name.

tom

EDIT: If you can PM me that would be great - didn't realize I needed 15 posts in order to send PM's.
Good luck to you on your search! Everyone here has been very helpful thus far! I will be contacting some out of state dealers in the coming days and will see what they can offer.

The search will be fun

Old 03-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Found this unique blue one out in MD. Seems a bit pricey though.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...Index=13&Log=0

Thoughts on what you guys think its worth?

Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Volnomad is infamous around these parts
Essentially a base Carrera, but I really like the Cobalt Blue. The car looks to be in good shape, but photos are no substitute for having someone check it out for you. Sometimes members on this board will volunteer to take a look for you. As someone mentioned earlier, 10% discounts off list are not uncommon, and I think you could definitely negotiate effectively on this particular P-car.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:37 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Bigbwb: I can't stress this enough. If you buy without a warranty remaining, esp from a non Porsche dealer, you must get a solid independent PPI done first. I say shop nationally but don't even think about pulling the trigger w/o a PPI.

For example when i traded my 997 in last year it had toasted rotors, race pads, winter tires, bad clutch... All was fair bc it was a dealer selling me a 991 but I can only hope those probs were all fixed before it was unloaded. Parts and labor on these cars are too expensive to skip thorough due diligence.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Volnomad
Essentially a base Carrera, but I really like the Cobalt Blue. The car looks to be in good shape, but photos are no substitute for having someone check it out for you. Sometimes members on this board will volunteer to take a look for you. As someone mentioned earlier, 10% discounts off list are not uncommon, and I think you could definitely negotiate effectively on this particular P-car.
With only 12k miles, I have to imagine its in great shape. I happen to have some family friends that live near the car that can potentially check it out and do the PPI beforehand. I am awaiting their response on a potential trade in value on our car.

So 10% off list is not out of the question, interesting! Honestly there are some good deals out there but this one seems high to me. I would probably consider paying more like $43k for it but not $48k

Im not getting my hopes up though. We are hoping to snag roughly $23-$24k on our 2007 Boxster Base model as a trade-in (38,000 miles, Red). My guess is they will low ball the trade in.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by KonaKai
Bigbwb: I can't stress this enough. If you buy without a warranty remaining, esp from a non Porsche dealer, you must get a solid independent PPI done first. I say shop nationally but don't even think about pulling the trigger w/o a PPI.

For example when i traded my 997 in last year it had toasted rotors, race pads, winter tires, bad clutch... All was fair bc it was a dealer selling me a 991 but I can only hope those probs were all fixed before it was unloaded. Parts and labor on these cars are too expensive to skip thorough due diligence.
I agree, we will due to the PPI prior to buying! The hope is we can dump our Boxster locally (listed on autotrader) then shop cross country for the right car. Its just tough to sell a Boxster here in WI this early in the season, hence trying for a trade first.

If we do sell it out right, the buying process will be so much easier

Old 03-15-2013, 09:52 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Something is strange about this car, the second owner only had it for six months. I am also wondering why the Porsche dealer isn't providing a CPO on such a low mileage car. The carfax is clean, but it may be that any damage report hasn't caught up to carfax yet. I would also ask for a paint depth measurement as well as the PPI that others have suggested. Good luck..

Old 03-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by windboat
Something is strange about this car, the second owner only had it for six months. I am also wondering why the Porsche dealer isn't providing a CPO on such a low mileage car. The carfax is clean, but it may be that any damage report hasn't caught up to carfax yet. I would also ask for a paint depth measurement as well as the PPI that others have suggested. Good luck..
Huh,
I swear I asked if it was a one owner car and they replied yes. I will have to double check! I hadnt even looked at the carfax myself being I am anticipating a low ball trade in price

Thanks for the advice, I will ask for the paint test if things progress.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:41 PM
hot nikon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FlaHeel
Go to Porsche.com, look under the Pre-owned dropdown window and find a car at Porsche dealers around the world, then negotiate from there.

This is a good start, hate to say it, sometimes E-Bay is the litmus test re prices.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Update,

I found an 06 "S" in chicago area....
http://www.napletonsastonmartinofchi...6a67ac68d5.htm

I am driving down tomorrow to show them our Boxster and see what they will do. We negotiated over the phone somewhat.

I will investigate having a PPI done. Regarding this, this cars at a Aston dealer and they own the local porsche one as well. Does it not pay to have the PPI done at the Porsche dealer?

As for the DME over rev report, I already requested this. What does DME stand for by the way??? What would I need to look for on this and how to decipher it?

Any other qualified shops near Downers Grove IL I could use if you guys don't feel confident using their Porsche dealer?
edit - there is another Porsche dealer 15 miles away that's not a sister dealer, how would I setup the PPI with them?

This is all happening quick so I apologize for all the questions

Thank you so much,
Brandon

Last edited by bigbwb; 03-22-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:00 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bigbwb
Update,

I found an 06 "S" in chicago area....
http://www.napletonsastonmartinofchi...6a67ac68d5.htm

I am driving down tomorrow to show them our Boxster and see what they will do. We negotiated over the phone somewhat.

I will investigate having a PPI done. Regarding this, this cars at a Aston dealer and they own the local porsche one as well. Does it not pay to have the PPI done at the Porsche dealer?

As for the DME over rev report, I already requested this. What does DME stand for by the way??? What would I need to look for on this and how to decipher it?

Any other qualified shops near Downers Grove IL I could use if you guys don't feel confident using their Porsche dealer?
edit - there is another Porsche dealer 15 miles away that's not a sister dealer, how would I setup the PPI with them?

This is all happening quick so I apologize for all the questions

Thank you so much,
Brandon
This group is one of the largest auto multi brand dealers in Northern IL, they also have a Porsche dealership in Rockford. I think they also sponsor several race cars. I am certain you can check them out quite easily.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by windboat

This group is one of the largest auto multi brand dealers in Northern IL, they also have a Porsche dealership in Rockford. I think they also sponsor several race cars. I am certain you can check them out quite easily.
http://www.napleton.com/

http://www.napletonmotorsports.com/

Last edited by windboat; 03-22-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Porsche of Fort Myers near Naples is the Newest Porsche Dealer in the U.S! Call Jarrod Kilway for more information 239.225.7618

I didn t see anything like you guys are looking for but maybe he can help or call when the right car comes in.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by cerbomark
Porsche of Fort Myers near Naplesst is the Newest Porsche Dealer in the U.S! Call Jarrod Kilway for more information 239.225.7618

I didn t see anything like you guys are looking for but maybe he can help or call when the right car comes in.
Thanks! I can't PM yet but I will consider him if the car in Chicago doesn't pan out.

On a related note the salesman from the Aston Martin dealer in Chicago told me I can't take his vehicle for a ppi for insurance reasons only test drives?

BS or what?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for our first 911!