997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Looking for our first 911!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 08:44 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bigbwb
Thanks! I can't PM yet but I will consider him if the car in Chicago doesn't pan out.

On a related note the salesman from the Aston Martin dealer in Chicago told me I can't take his vehicle for a ppi for insurance reasons only test drives?

BS or what?
just walk away then...

Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 PM
bigbwb is infamous around these partsbigbwb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by buck986
just walk away then...
I'm getting a bit nervous about even driving the 2 hours to see the car. I will call the salesman in the morning first and insist on the PPI even if they have to drive it over to the place themselves.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:24 PM
firstmovado2013 is infamous around these partsfirstmovado2013 is infamous around these parts
Check out stasales.com they are in CA but shipping

Old 03-22-2013, 10:24 PM
firstmovado2013 is infamous around these partsfirstmovado2013 is infamous around these parts
Check out stasales.com they are in CA and shipping should not cost more than $700.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:39 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks! I can't PM yet but I will consider him if the car in Chicago doesn't pan out.

On a related note the salesman from the Aston Martin dealer in Chicago told me I can't take his vehicle for a ppi for insurance reasons only test drives?

BS or what?
Talk to general manager and have THEM send car to their PORSCHE dealership in Hindsdale or Rockford IL for the PPI. It is all the same family.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by windboat
Talk to general manager and have THEM send car to their PORSCHE dealership in Hindsdale or Rockford IL for the PPI. It is all the same family.

Well it looks like we are new 911 owners! I was able to thoroughly inspect the car on a lift along with a Porsche mechanic and also was given the DME report and it was perfect. The DME report had absolutely no records in the ranges 4-6!
DME Result:
Range Ignitions Operating hours
1 2361 1622
2 321 1622
3 40 1587
4 0
5 0
6 0

From my understanding, this car was not driven hard at all. The car itself was in excellent condition with only several minor road chips and a small wear spot in the canvas top above the drivers door. The interior was nice except for some wear on the climate toggle button & silver door grabs which they will be addressing before I pick it up. The wheels were the Turbo ones and are flawless!

Hope to pick it up sometime mid next week!

Old 03-24-2013, 08:16 AM
ksozay is infamous around these parts
Congrats! Welcome to the family!

Old 03-24-2013, 08:29 AM
Volnomad is infamous around these parts
Congratulations!

Old 03-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Thanks guys! Out of curiosity, how much does a spare key from Porsche cost? Thoughts on where to purchase online or at local dealer?

Old 03-24-2013, 11:20 AM
ksozay is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys! Out of curiosity, how much does a spare key from Porsche cost? Thoughts on where to purchase online or at local dealer?
I believe I pad right around 350 for a replacement key for the cayenne. That was from the dealer.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by ksozay
I believe I pad right around 350 for a replacement key for the cayenne. That was from the dealer.
Alright. I will check with my local dealer next week and find out. I did a bit of searching and some have gotten new keys made for around $250 as well.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:14 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
congrats...all the best

Old 03-25-2013, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congrats and I'm glad you finally what you were looking for. It looks awesome, love those turbo wheels, you'll have to take some more pictures once you pick it up. Are you looking for just the blank key or do you want the transmitter also ?

Old 03-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Congrats and I'm glad you finally what you were looking for. It looks awesome, love those turbo wheels, you'll have to take some more pictures once you pick it up. Are you looking for just the blank key or do you want the transmitter also ?

Thank you! It was what we were searching for and wanted to avoid if possible having to sell our Boxster first and possibly fly out of state to look for other cars. Having it local made this process much easier. We also really liked the look of this particular "S" with the turbo wheels and clear side markers

The dealer's supposed to have the car all detailed and cleaned up by the end of the week for us! I will snap some pics and post here once we get it home and waxed up.

I am looking for the entire Fob/transmitter.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
The dealer's supposed to have the car all detailed and cleaned up by the end of the week for us! I will snap some pics and post here once we get it home and waxed up.

I am looking for the entire Fob/transmitter.
Hopefully you can get some sleep between now then It looks like were going to possibly get a warm up early next week hopefully, this winter has been to long so far. For more information on the Remote Transmitter Click Here. The dealer will usually charge you about a half hour of labor to program the transmitter.

Last edited by ECS Tuning - Porsche; 03-25-2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Added "hour"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for our first 911!