997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Looking for our first 911!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 12:24 PM
bigbwb is infamous around these partsbigbwb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Hopefully you can get some sleep between now then It looks like were going to possibly get a warm up early next week hopefully, this winter has been to long so far. For more information on the Remote Transmitter Click Here. The dealer will usually charge you about a half of labor to program the transmitter.
I appreciate the help! I am very excited to pick it up and yes, the weather looks like it will finally hit the 50's here in WI by Easter! I will likely order the key shortly, thanks for the link!

Brandon

Old 03-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I appreciate the help! I am very excited to pick it up and yes, the weather looks like it will finally hit the 50's here in WI by Easter! I will likely order the key shortly, thanks for the link!

Brandon
Brandon,

Anytime, thank you for the support. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM us and we will gladly answer them.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:19 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bigbwb

Brandon
Brandon,

Now we need pictures, we have all been waiting like expecting fathers to see what your new baby looks like.

Enjoy your new 911...

Old 03-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Here are the crummy iphone pics I took at the dealer. Better ones to follow post pickup/delivery. I am a bit of a perfectionist with detailing, so I cant wait to polish and throw 3-4 coats of Zaino on her!

Attached Images      
Old 03-25-2013, 02:51 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful car, I love Black. Make certain they include the WINDSCREEN for when you have the top down. They have a way of disappearing in used cars.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:10 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
that's looks very nice!!!

Old 03-25-2013, 03:22 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Sharp..all the best

Old 03-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by windboat
Beautiful car, I love Black. Make certain they include the WINDSCREEN for when you have the top down. They have a way of disappearing in used cars.
Don't worry, its in the trunk and they know I know its there

I love black when its clean, but I am asking for punishment all summer long keeping it maintained

Old 03-25-2013, 05:01 PM
ksozay is infamous around these parts
Don't worry, its in the trunk and they know I know its there

I love black when its clean, but I am asking for punishment all summer long keeping it maintained
Love the color combo with the wheels. Looks great! Make sure they delint the top and treat it with water protectant. I know this has already probably been done but just in case, make sure they check the serpentine belt, pads/rotors, all wear tear items - to make sure you have everything dealt with prior to picking it up.

Congrats!

Take care,

KS

Old 03-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by ksozay
Love the color combo with the wheels. Looks great! Make sure they delint the top and treat it with water protectant. I know this has already probably been done but just in case, make sure they check the serpentine belt, pads/rotors, all wear tear items - to make sure you have everything dealt with prior to picking it up.

Congrats!

Take care,

KS
Black on black does look sharp! I can clean the top myself, I have some "Raggtopp" products on the way! We did look over the pads and rotors during the walk through and both are fine (Pads at 50%). I did not ask about the serpentine belt, is this an easy fix or what? The deal is basically complete so I have to be cautious on what i request other than the few cosmetic things they will be addressing.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:29 PM
ksozay is infamous around these parts
Black on black does look sharp! I can clean the top myself, I have some "Raggtopp" products on the way! We did look over the pads and rotors during the walk through and both are fine (Pads at 50%). I did not ask about the serpentine belt, is this an easy fix or what? The deal is basically complete so I have to be cautious on what i request other than the few cosmetic things they will be addressing.
Well, if you are handy I've seen a number of DIY on the forums that can help you do the replacement yourself. That being said, if it doesn't need to be replaced, no need to replace it. Just trying to ferret out any issues that typically require replacement BEFORE you transfer the cost from the dealer to your responsibility.

On our Cayenne, we had 50% pads left and we had to replace brakes and rotors within 10k miles. We drive pretty conservatively so I wasn't exactly excited to spend the ~2500 on new pads and rotors for all 4 wheels after only 10k miles. Had I known the pads would wear out within 1 year of purchase, I would have paid to have them replaced and added to the deal, even if it meant adding it to the loan. I would have received a MUCH better deal from the dealer by probably getting some money off on the labor and just negotiating paying for the parts.

My only recommendation, and you should rely on your own judgement, is to get everything dealt with NOW while you are finalizing the purchase and not leave the dealer wondering how long until the next repair comes up. Might as well get the car in a state where you can reasonably push out the wear and tear items as far as possible. Nothing more frustrating than taking the "new" car back to the shop for repairs soon after purchasing. In MOST cases, a dealer will be willing to work out a compromise to keep the deal intact. In these instances, I would ask for everything and settle on paying for the parts and having the dealer cut you a break on the labor.

Good luck!

KS