997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Looking for our first 911!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:43 PM
bigbwb is infamous around these partsbigbwb is infamous around these parts
Looking for our first 911!

Hello folks!

We are in the process of upgrading from our 2007 Boxster to a 997.1 (2006-2007). I am new to the Porsche seen for the most part and was referred here for the great advice. I am somewhat aware of the IMS issues on earlier 997's so 06+ for us. We live in WI and so far there's basically nothing around after scouring autotrader, Porsche.com, etc.
we are looking for the following:

Cabriolet
6spd
$40k give or take of course
No need for cpo

Any advice on how to locate one? Will our local Porsche dealers help in that regard or just ones they get on trade?

Any other tips or things to look out for in our search?

Thanks again,

Brandon

Old 03-07-2013, 09:55 PM
theSkeptiks is infamous around these parts
Try cars.com

That's how I found mine...I located the car at a Porsche dealership in California, but also found many great choices in my price range that weren't at a P Dealer.

You'll just have to pay for shipping it to you, or fly to the car and drive it back.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:53 PM
sixgun95 is infamous around these parts
Try Porsche of North Scottsdale, lots of cabrio's. if you need a salesperson PM me. I am very happy with them.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:30 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I bought from out of state from a P dealer.... I called Jarrod from Ft Meyers Fla Porsche and worked a deal by phone and computer.... He was a straight shooter and can make it very easy. You can look at their website (or any dealers website) and see what s there already. The only good thing about dealing directly with someone is they can see what s coming in ahead of the web sites.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. Will a Porsche dealer locate one for you say at an auction or is that uncommon?

Old 03-08-2013, 09:51 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Go to Porsche.com, look under the Pre-owned dropdown window and find a car at Porsche dealers around the world, then negotiate from there.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
bigbwb Any luck finding anything worth taking a look at in your area yet ?

Old 03-12-2013, 12:29 PM
gordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the rough
Ebay

EBAY is good

Old 03-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
bigbwb Any luck finding anything worth taking a look at in your area yet ?
Unfortunately I need to either sell our Boxster first or find a 997 close enough for a trade in. Neither of which has happened yet. Being still winter here in WI I think it's a bit early

I appreciate the follow up! If the boxster sells I can look country wide

Old 03-12-2013, 05:18 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Check this one out at Jim Ellis Porsche, Atlanta. http://www.jimellisporsche.com/preow...911/search.php
Looks like a sweet one, 2006 Black, 997.1 Cab, 15k miles, with CPO @$54k, bet you could buy this one in mid-40's. where are you in Badgerland?

Old 03-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by windboat
Check this one out at Jim Ellis Porsche, Atlanta. http://www.jimellisporsche.com/preow...911/search.php
Looks like a sweet one, 2006 Black, 997.1 Cab, 15k miles, with CPO @$54k, bet you could buy this one in mid-40's. where are you in Badgerland?
It's a nice one but you really think they will come down $6-$8k? I'm shooting to spend around $40k-$45k.

I'm just outside Milwaukee.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:52 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bigbwb
It's a nice one but you really think they will come down $6-$8k? I'm shooting to spend around $40k-$45k.

I'm just outside Milwaukee.
I won't be surprised, 10-15% off would be normal. They may even have a solution you as a trade for you boxer. I would call them, can't hurt to call them. They are an excellent Porsche dealer.

I am originally from Lake Geneva area.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:03 PM
I won't be surprised, 10-15% off would be normal. They may even have a solution you as a trade for you boxer. I would call them, can't hurt to call them. They are an excellent Porsche dealer.

I am originally from Lake Geneva area.
Lake Geneva, wow! The wife and I go down there quite often during summer months! I lived in East Troy and now Mukwonago. Small world

So is 10% off list or so common at dealers for this type of car? I ask because I was originally thinking more like a few grand off list price. I'm just not sure I have the flexibility to drive the Boxster all the way down there.

Thanks,
Brandon

Old 03-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by bigbwb
Lake Geneva, wow! The wife and I go down there quite often during summer months! I lived in East Troy and now Mukwonago. Small world

So is 10% off list or so common at dealers for this type of car? I ask because I was originally thinking more like a few grand off list price. I'm just not sure I have the flexibility to drive the Boxster all the way down there.

Thanks,
Brandon
I would still call them if you are potentially interested. Porsche dealers are a close knit group country wide, they may have the ability to have your boxer valued at a Milwaukee Porsche dealer for trade-in. You will see on this forum many folks have cars shipped to them. Good thing about Georgia cars, is there in no winter salt on road. Good luck in your search.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:25 PM
I would still call them if you are potentially interested. Porsche dealers are a close knit group country wide, they may have the ability to have your boxer valued at a Milwaukee Porsche dealer for trade-in. You will see on this forum many folks have cars shipped to them. Good thing about Georgia cars, is there in no winter salt on road. Good luck in your search.
Thanks for the advice. I will reach out to a few dealers with cars of interest and see what they offer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for our first 911!